Chapter 21

Navya Tandon

None spoke for a few minutes. I turned my head to see my new boyfriend of— what two minutes, sitting near me with his eyes closed. Did I do a mistake by answering the call? Then I saw him opening his eyes slowly. Shifting my gaze on the screen I saw the three Khannas, the three Aroras, Daksh, and Nila with eyes wide as saucers. Coming out of their so-called-shocked-trance the first word they spoke— sorry yelled was, 'What the hell?'.

Seriously cussing a word when the two kids are with you. Okay, it's not a bad word — but still! "Why are you cussing in front of the kids?" was it me or him asking the question. Definitely, it has to be him. 

"Hey! We didn't use any bad words. Okay care to explain us", I think it was Daksh who spoke. Instantly we blushed. 

"Oh my god those two are blushing", the squealing of girls made us blush even more if possible. The guys just chuckled at us. Clearing his throat, Sharav started speaking. 

"Umm... guys this is Navya and Navya this is my family", he told me. I smiled at everyone. So this is the family he adores. Wish they would accept me. 

"We know her Sharav bhai. Is there anything more we should know?", I think it's Viren's sister Preeti who asked. Gosh, I shouldn't have answered the call. We both shifted uncomfortably on our place. Out of nowhere Akruti and Nila started squealing again. Okay, his family is crazier than me.  The two toddlers were about to cry when their mothers coaxed them not to. 

"She's your girlfriend right", they both asked in unison. Whoa! How the hell did they guess. I'm so shy right now wishing the earth to open and swallow me. The guys hooted and the girls hugged each other and kissed the innocent toddlers. 

"Welcome to the family Navya, hope he treats you better, else he'll die from my hand", it was Viren who spoke this time. Hearing his little threatening Vihaan smacks his father's chest. All of them burst out laughing including us. "Sharav Ahuja you're so dead when you reach India.", Viren spoke acidly. This time Vihaan was joined by the other toddler. They kept beating him which made us laugh even more.

"Okay! Okay! Jeez, I won't say a word about your Chachu slash Mama",  Viren surrendered himself to the kids. I turn to see Sharav laughing without any care in the world. This is what I want for him, to live his life happily. Clearing of someone's throat brought my attention back. 

"Prerita that's your Chachi and Vihaan that's your mami", the moment Sahil uttered these words I hid my face in Sharav shoulder because of my shyness whilst others chuckled. 

"So how did he propose you to be his girlfriend", Daksh asked me. "Nah-uh don't answer it would have been so plain.", he answered himself, which  earned a smack from Vihaan. Gosh, the kid is totally into Sharav. Daksh looked at Vihaan with disbelief. 

"Viren I'm warning you to keep Vihaan away from Sharav. This little Khanna doesn't want to hear anything bad about his Mama, I wonder what black magic he did on your son?", Sharav chuckled beside me. 

"It's a secret baby", Sharav winked at the guys to which they scoffed in return.

"Your baby is sitting right side you and FYI we're straight ones Sharav", Sahil scoffed at the one sitting beside me. Gosh, they fight like kids. I shushed everyone to be quiet and in a snap of fingers, everyone remained quiet except the toddlers who were clapping their hands gleefully. 

"Wow, now someone could control our gang", Nila whispered. "So Ms. Navya Tandon we officially welcome you to our family", she said and everyone clapped for me. My eyes misted on hearing this. How sweet these people are? They didn't deserve what took place. But I'm happy for where they are now.

Together. Forever. 

"Hey don't cry", Sharav whispered to me, whilst I just shook my head at him. "Okay, we have toddlers here. Have your lovey-dovey moment after the call, now tell us how did he ask you to be his girlfriend?", Daksh nagging the same question. 

Clearing his throat, Sharav narrated the whole episode. From his interview to me slapping that bitch— and the husband thing of course. The girls on the other side were shocked, but the guys scoffed at the end. "Why am I not surprised!", they exclaimed in unison. What the hell? Am I that easy to predict?

Even before I can understand, I felt myself questioning them. "Because you dear sister, you love that guy to no end, so even if you had told that woman that he's the father of your child, we wouldn't be surprised", Viren said and other guys just shrugged. I huffed and crossed my arms. Man, I'm so predictable. But somehow I was bursting with happiness imagining Sharav would be the father of my kids. 

"Okay now love birds go and enjoy your time", saying they ended the call after noting down my number. Soon my mobile pinged with notification. It was my WhatsApp. I laughed at seeing the messages. I was added to two groups. 

'The Khannas, The Aroras and The Ahujas'

Was the name of the first group. Sharav looked at me amused. But the next group name made me laugh uncontrollably. 

'The Annoying Homies — Husbands/ Boyfriends'

"What are you laughing at?", Sharav narrowed his eyes at me. Kissing his cheeks I stood from my place, but he pulled me with such a force that I landed on his lap. I gasped at him. "Sharav I could have fallen you know", I scolded him.

"You won't, choco", he whispered in my ears. I shivered on hearing his voice. Circling his arms around my waist he rested his head on my shoulder. I swear he could hear my heartbeats. "Now tell me why were you laughing, so hard".

I shook my head at him "Nah-uh. It's girls' secret", I acted like zipping my mouth and throwing away the key. He pouted at me. Awe looks damn cute. I just pinched his cheeks to which he glared. Shaking his heads at me, we sat in silence for what—a few minutes.

"Hey, what's the reason behind your angry face after you returned from the restroom", I heard him ask. I groaned at the incident. Pulling away from me, he gave his puppy eyes to which I couldn't resist.

Sighing I narrated the whole incident. How I heard her talking with her colleague. The way she finds my man sexy and hot. Planning on seducing him and all. At the end of the narration I puffed out and Sharav was laughing at my expense. 

"What now you're laughing at me?", I asked him with disbelief. Tightening his hold on me he whispered, "My choco is jealous"

"Of course, I'm jealous. Duh!", I muttered. "Okay now let's go get my car. I said to Aayush that my friend works here, so he'll drop me back", I got up from his lap and started walking towards his cabin door.

"Is it friend or boyfriend Ms. Tandon?", I heard him ask. 

"Drop your cocky attitude Mister", I replied. Chuckling we left his cabin. The instant we left his cabin, all the head turned towards us. I quickly clutched Sharav's arm 'cause I hate to be everyone's center of attraction or discussion. But one look from Sharav was enough for them to focus on the screen before them. 

While walking the women were glaring at me. In turn, I just smirked at them. Ha, burn-in jealousy you girls, like hell I'll care. The only thing I care about is the man walking beside me, with our arm linked. He's my world women. Jeez, I'm enjoying seeing them burning in jealousy. I kept sending messages with my smirk,

He's my man! You bitches!

👣

A special update on Valentine's day...

Valentine's day isn't just for lovers, it can be for anyone. All you need is love. Enough love to love someone.

So, my dear readers, I'm wishing you a very happy valentine's day ❤️
If it hadn't been for you guys, I don't think many will know about my work. So thanks to you guys.

I wow you guys forever.

Psst...do vote, comment, and share❤️