Chapter 17

Sharav Ahuja

I couldn't move from the place after hearing the words Ruhi uttered. Am I falling for her? Is this what love is? Many questions were running in my mind. I couldn't conclude to anything, so gathering courage, I opened the door of my choco's room. There she was sleeping peacefully—yet in disoriented position. Dozing on her stomach, her head was supported by two pillows, whilst one of her arm is sandwiched between the pillows. Chuckling at her sleeping position, I sat silently beside her. 

How peaceful she's looking. Guess she's only quiet when she's asleep, else she's a ticking bomb waiting to explode others with her craziness. I brushed her hair which were blocking my view of her beautiful face. Slowly nudging her shoulder, I tried to wake her up, even though I feel bad for waking her. But I need to open up to her. To tell her my fears. I heard her mumbling something in her sleep. Smiling I whispered her to wake up. She closed her ears with her free arms.

"Mom go away, I wanna sleep", she mumbled in frustrated voice. So she's not a morning person. I sighed at her sleeping form, guess she's not gonna wake up anytime now. I thought of trying for the third time, 'cause I heard that third time brings you luck. Praying for her to wake up, I kissed her forehead and whispered, "Get up choco it's me, Sharav".

She just smiled, yet didn't wake up. I huffed out loud. Think Sharav think! I was screaming at myself. Of course internally. Thinking this the best, I grabbed her from bed and shook her vigorously. Plan worked. Her eyes shot open and was about to scream when I closed her mouth—again.

Her eyes went wide, and pinched herself to check whether she's dreaming or not. I wanted to remove my hand, but what if she screams and her parents wake up? Oh my god, it'll be so embarrassing. To make myself sure, I questioned her, "I'm real Navya and would you promise me that you won't scream after I remove my hand, right?". Of course, I whispered. She just bobbed her head up and down. Sighing I removed my hands of her. 

She opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She held out one of her hands and checked my— forehead? Is something or with her? "Navya are you alright?", I asked her to which she nodded her head. 

"Then why are you doing this?", I questioned her whilst pointing out her actions. Suddenly she refrained her hand, and kept on mumbling something. I gently held her by shoulders, and she instantly looked at me. At my eyes. "Hey are you really okay?", 'cause I couldn't feel anything other than being worried about her actions. 

"I should ask you that Sharav!", she exclaimed silently. I just knitted my eyebrows together. Like she understood my unasked doubt she answered me, "Because you're in my house. Precisely in my room at—what half past two in midnight.", she puffed out at the end and rubbed her eyes.

Awe how cute she looks!

"I'm here because of you", I said her to which she eyed my skeptically. She pointed to herself and mouthed me. I just nodded my head at her. She tucked ber arms at her middle and glowered at me. Sighing I started my little narration. At the end her eyes were wide, and she had a full-blown smile on her.

"Why are you smiling?", I asked her. She just shrugged her shoulders. But after looking my I-don't-take-silly-excuse look, she raised her hands in surrendering way. She kept on grinning instead of answering me. When I glowered at her, she pouted at me. 

"It's just—you care for me Sharav, if you like it or not", she wiggled her eyebrows at me. I sighed smiling at her. Instantly I thought of playing with her. I smirked at her to which she scowled.

"What if I tell you I like it?", I said. She just sat motionless on the bed. Looks I like I'm getting ways to shut her up. So I continued before she speaks. "What if I tell you, that I want things to workout between us? What if I tell you that I'm ready to open up myself to you?" I took her soft palms in my hands. 

Ah! I love the feeling of having her hands her in my hands!

"S-Sharav l-look it's too late to speak, I think you're deprived of sleep. So now go and sleep like a good boy and you should get going before my parents or someone sees you", she spoke but not looking at me. Cupping her face, I gently kissed her forehead, in a reflex she closed her eyes. Her chest heaving up and down 'cause of my gesture.

"No I want to speak right now", I whispered to her. She just nodded her head, still not opening her eyes. "Navya open your eyes", I said, and was greeted by the beautiful honey colored magnetic orbs. 

👣

Navya Tandon

We kept staring at each other for few minutes, when I finally broke the eye contact. Clearing my throat, I gestured him to make himself comfortable, to which he nodded. "Okay, tell me what you want to tell", I said to him.

Exhaling out, he started speaking. I just kept looking at the man before me, of course I was hearing to whatever he was saying. At the end of his narration he sighed hard. So this is what is keeping him away from everyone, I thought myself. I just hugged him. No words were exchanged. Just some peacefulness. After a minute he reciprocated my hug. 

Tears were silently trickling down my eyes. This man is so strong. He just because moved here because he didn't want his family members to get hurt by seeing him. All he wanted was his family's happiness. And this guy is also stupid. He didn't indulge in any relationships because the genius he is, is thinking that people will only get hurt when they mingle with him. 

But my mind stopped working, when he uttered those words, 'I couldn't look into the eyes of those couple Navya. They lost their daughter because of my parents. I tried looking for her, but all I met was a dead end. Wish I could make them meet their daughter'.

My God! So he knows who my biological parents are and where they are? But I can't tell him who I am really. First I need to break the stupid walls he has built around his heart. That's gonna be a one hell of a task. I broke the hug and wiped my tears away. Cupping his face, my heart broke into millions when I saw the sadness in his eyes. I couldn't tolerate this look in his eyes.  

I lowered his head and placed a kiss on his forehead. "You didn't do anything Sharav. Heck! You didn't even know all these things, before the four years. There's no fault of yours. And the decision about you moving here, I'd say it's a bad idea. You say that you wanted your family to be happy right?", I asked him to which he nodded his head like a kid. "Then you're forgetting one thing then, they're happy only when you're with them, not when you are away."

I paused for him to understand my words. "But they do miss their parents and it hurts me to see them like this", he uttered. 

"Sharav if a person is born of course there will be a date for him to leave this world. Unless he's a vampire or something to remain immortal." He chuckled at my words. "So there's nothing in our hands. One day or the other we would leave this world. Until then, we should live our life, without any worries", I replied to him.

"But I do feel guilty, what about that?", he asked me like a kid which made me go awe at him. Concentrate, my subconscious screamed at me. 

"You don't need to feel guilty at all Sharav, trust me. You didn't know what your parents were doing then. Look when you came to know what they were doing to Sara you stood against them right? Even at that age?", I asked him to which he nodded his head. "So if you knew about this earlier you would have tried to stop them. And also you told me you stayed in boarding school. You didn't even know what happened back then.", I inhaled deeply.

"And about being guilty, you don't have to be. You didn't have any parts in their plots right? Only if you had taken part you can feel guilt. But you didn't. So don't ever feel guilty and shut off people". Like an obedient kid, he listened to me. Smiling I ruffled his hair.

"So from tomorrow— I mean from today start talking to them, your family members, 'cause they to miss the old and joyous Sharav I guess. Okay, enough of talking, now you have to go, 'cause I have a job to attend tomorrow. Get going", I pushed him off my bed to which he chuckled.

Wait— how the hell did he get inside at the first place?

_________________________

Vote, vote and vote!
I see the votes are decreasing 🥺🥺
Please vote guys! Just press the star button below. And please do share this story with your friends.