Chapter 31

Navya Tandon

Spending a week here in London, the family which came from India is now returning. I can say that I had a wonderful time with them. Sometimes girls day out with Hazel tagging along, my whole gang with Sharav's gang—it was pretty much fun. And now they're leaving. A part of me already feels sad about their return. 

I came out of my thoughts when someone placed their hand on my shoulder. It was Akruti standing in front of me with a smile on her face. She really cares for Sharav. Like a mother. I always admired their bond—sometimes making me jealous of the three siblings. "Hey can I talk to you for a second?", Akruti asked me. Nodding my head at her, we entered one of the bedrooms of Sharav's penthouse. 

"Akruti is everything alright?", I asked her because her face was now mirroring with worry. 

"It's about Sharav", she said. I was about to speak when she cut me off. "Everything is good about him. I just wanted to talk to you about him." I nodded my head and asked her to continue. "I know Navya. He's difficult to handle. Sometimes he'll push you away and sometimes he'll seek solace in you. So whatever he does—of course with stupidity please don't push him off. You can even say that I'm selfish only wanting my brother's happiness, but I can say that his happiness lies in you."

I smiled at her. "Even if your brother tries to push me off, I'll cling to him like a koala bear so that he can never get rid of me. And Akruti I love your brother. I won't ever leave him. He's my life, and you're asking me to stay away from my life which is quite impossible", she chuckled at my words. 

Taking my hand in her, she looked at me with her eyes filled with tears, "Thanks for entering his life Navya. You're like a rainbow in his black and white life", uttering this she hugged me, whilst tears clouded my eyes. Breaking the hug she cupped my face. "I hope that idiot soon realizes his love for you." I just shrugged my shoulders. 

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation. Wiping our tears, Akruti opened the door, to see Sharav standing. "Ah, can't be without your girlfriend I see", she teased him to which we both blushed. 

"Nothing—it's just your husband and son are getting cranky without you. So I came to call you", he replied to her, with his sniffing his nose occasionally. This guy is sniffing because he's down with a cold— because of him we couldn't drop the family at the airport. So we are here having our farewell in his penthouse. 

"Argh! What do I do with these two?", mumbling this Akruti left the place leaving Sharav and me alone. 

"So...", he dragged the sentence and I just shrugged my shoulders and left the room. I heard him groaning from behind. Chuckling I reached the living room with Sharav hot in heels. 

"Navya", I heard the three guys calling me. Smiling I stood in front of them. 

"If he ever—I mean whenever he troubles you, just give a call to any one of us. We'll handle him. And from now on you have three brothers—that is Sahil, Daksh, and me. Okay", Viren said to and I nodded my head at him. 

"Thank you", I replied genuinely. I turned around to see Sharav smiling at us. This is what I want—to see him smiling happily.

👣

Closing the front door, after their departure, I walked to the couch. I saw Sharav lounging on the couch occasionally rubbing his forehead. Walking up to him, I touched his forehead to check the temperature. He was burning high with fever. I shook his shoulders to wake him up. 

"What happened Navya?", he asked me groggily.

"Wake up. Let's get you to your room", uttering I made him stand on his toes. With heavy steps, we finally reached his room. "Sleep now", kissing his forehead, I rushed to the bathroom to get some hot water and a fresh towel. 

From time to time, I placed the patch on his forehead to reduce his temperature. He was sleeping after taking a crocin pill. Looking like a baby wrapped in sheets, he was looking so cute. Awe! I could imagine our baby boy looking exactly like him—My Sharav. Pushing away from the way to future thoughts, I continued to do my work. 

Being in there for hours, I finally managed to enter the kitchen escaping his tight hold. Now, what am I gonna do. I paced the kitchen back and forth. I did just know to cook basic foods and I really don't know what to cook for my sick boyfriend. 

"Wait let me call mom itself", mumbling this I took my mobile to call my mom. She attended the call within a second. 

"Hello, Navya how is Sharav now?". Oh! So already concerned about her son-in-law. "Is he resting? Did he eat anything? Look whom am I asking, the girl who couldn't cook."

I cut her off even before she could tarnish my remaining image. "Mom stop your complaints about me. I can cook basic foods. Now tell me which food I  should cook for him." For a minute, there was complete silence from my mother's side.

"Bacche, are you trying to burn his house down?", came my mom's absurd question. Come on, I know that I'm new to cooking, it doesn't mean I'll burn the house. 

"Mom, stop with your sarcastic replies and tell me some recipes so that I can make something for him.", I replied to her frustrated. 

"Shall I cook something and send", she offered me which I was going to deny. I want to cook something for him. To make the dish with all my love. There goes a say 'Win a man heart through his stomach'. Since he's good at cooking this is gonna be an utter failure for me. 

"Navya!", my mother's scream brought me back to the real world. 

"No mom. I'll cook for him because I want to cook something for him", I replied to her softly. 

"Is that you Navya?", my mom asked. Is it so difficult for my mom to believe that I'm willing to cook something?

"Yes mom I'm your daughter Navya, who is willing to cook for her sick boyfriend", I rubbed my face with my free hand. 

"He really did cast some spell on you. Else you and entering the kitchen. Hell no. It's like asking the dogs and cat not to fight", she laughed herself at her lamest joke. 

"Mom", my voice was coming out as a warning. Guess she understood my tone, so she offered to help me. 

"Okay. Now I'll send you some links. Watch that and cook. If you need any help call me okay?", she said to me, and I just nodded my head.

"Navya did you hear what I said". Shit, I thought she's in front of me and I like a fool nodded my head. 

"Y-yeah, mom I will. Bye", replying to her, I hung the call. In a few seconds, my phone started to ping with messages—from my mom. Well, the messages continued to pour into my inbox. Placing the phone on the kitchen top, I went to the fridge to look at what stuff he has filled with. Thank goodness he had chicken. Mom's first message was—chicken soup. 

Tapping the link, I saw the videos n number of times—just to gather the ingredients. After hours of crying whilst chopping the onions, I started making basic chicken soup. From time to time I checked whether everything was tasting good or not. To my surprise, it didn't taste that bad. Maybe because I'm doing for the person I love with so much love. 

I went to his room, to wake him up so that he can have the soup. Gently shaking his shoulder, I sat near him, with my fingers running through his head. His hair is so soft, just like a baby's hair. Heck, even mine isn't that smooth. I shook him again, but he snuggled himself on my lap. Sighing at him, I placed his head back on the pillow and went to the kitchen to make the other dish.

After the chicken soup, I made some coconut chutney. I tasted it— damn it was too spicy. So I added a bit of salt to reduce the spiciness. Thank goodness, it worked. Then stirring the batter, I made tiny-tiny idlis for him. Since it is light food without any oil, I made them. 

Taking the idlis out of the idli cooker, I put everything in the small hot box. Re-heating the soup, I placed them on the tray. I then placed the hot box and the vessel with the chutney on the tray. Moving to the kitchen cabinet, I tiptoed to take the plates— which were placed on the higher rack of the cabinet. Damn the tall guy! 

Suddenly an arm wounded my waist making me scream my lungs out. 

👣

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting on the previous chapters ❤️