Chapter 2

Sharav Ahuja

It's been three years and six months since that incident happened. The incident that changed my life. The incident made me who I am today. That one incident took all the happiness away from the old Sharav. 

I'm not the same anymore. All I do is living my life with guilt that I'm the son of those monstrous Ahujas. Detaching myself from the people I love, is the best I can do. They say that they're not hurt with me, but every single time I hear Viren and Preeti talk about their parents, makes me feel guilty. Even though, they tell me not to feel that way. 

Staying away from my family kills me. But I can't help, I can't be selfish enough to hurt them already. Thank goodness that the world doesn't know how I look. Else the paparazzi would have murdered me with their questions and following me everywhere.

The reason I don't want to show the world my face 'cause I don't want people to be scared of me, thinking I'll murder them too— for any reason that might be. Yet you can't change the thoughts of other people what they think about you right? They'll always see me as murders son.

The looks I get from the people who knew my parents and me, makes me want to kill myself—it's like you can't hide the truth and simply wander off the thoughts, right? It's the same I'm dealing with right now.

If that's not needed I feel even more guilty when I see Mr&Mrs. Chabra because of my so-called parents, they lost their daughter. Niyati Chabra. Whose existence is unknown.

Is she dead or alive? Is still a mystery. I tried every resource to track her. But all I met was a dead end. Sometimes, I feel why should I live this life, when all I give is sadness around people, but one look at the three people I value the most prevents me from doing it. 

Those three I cherish are my sister Akruti, my best friend cum brother-in-law Viren, and my sweet innocent nephew Vihaan. I have pictures of them in my wallet. People keep the pictures of those who they love the most and it's them whom I love.

Vihaan is just like Viren. A naughty little kid with the genes of Viren but his eyes resembles my sister's. My doll. The time I spent with her, makes me feel, that I too have a family like others. Those three are the sole reason for my existence

I couldn't take the pity look from others. Even from Viren's grandparents, although, they treat me like their own, I couldn't help but feel bad whenever they see uncle and aunt's portrait. So deciding the best for them, I moved out to London the moment Viren started his branch here. It helps me to stay away from them so that they don't feel sad whenever they see me.    

"Excuse me, sir! Can you please fasten your seat belt?", I heard the air hostess tell me with a smile on her face. Nodding to her in response, I did the same as I've been told. I looked out to see the City of London. 

The place which I've made my home currently. A second home to be exact. I do miss the warmth of a family and love of them, yet I couldn't be selfish to hurt them. Sometimes I wish to have a normal family like others—a small little world of mine. A happily ever after. Guess I'm not blessed to have that life. It'll be always a dream—a dream which can't be fulfilled. 

I'm returning to London after celebrating Vihaan's first birthday. He's already one. I can't believe he's already one. He's the one with whom I spend most of the time when I'm back in India. I'll take him out sometimes, of course with Viren tagging along. That guy couldn't stay away from his wife or son.

Picking my stuff from the baggage drop counter, I made a call to my driver, Rick Newman. Whilst waiting for my driver to come, I thought of making a call to Akruti, saying that I've reached, else the two of them will be worried.