Chapter 16

Another chapter maybe?

👣

Sharav Ahuja 

I tried calling her for two days, but she neither answered my phone nor replied to any messages. Something in me kept telling me that she was not fine, I couldn't calm myself without seeing her. So here I am, outside her home at 2 AM to be exact. God look at her, she's making me do all the things which I never dreamt of doing. Making me all worried, the woman must be sleeping peacefully. I should go inside their house, instead of standing on the pavement like a creepy burglar.

Do you even know her room? my subconscious asked the legit question.

Shit man, what am I gonna do? I was walking back and forth whilst chewing my nails. I paused for a second. From when did I start chewing nails? I facepalmed myself. Suddenly I saw a room's light on. Maybe it's her room. Scanning around, I made myself sure that no people witness the stunt I'm about to pull because the least I want to be tagged as a burglar.

Imagine the tabloids going crazy with the news. 'The CEO of VK Clothing caught stealing at the renowned businessman Ajay Tandon's household'. I instantly cringed at the thought. Gosh woman what are you making me do? Cursing myself, I was standing below the room which had the lights on. Making sure, that I don't hurt myself while climbing the pipes, I finally reached the window of the room. 

Tapping on the window I stayed for her to open. To my shock, it was her sister. She was about to scream when I shushed her. "Please don't scream, I beg you", I literally begged her. Her eyes were so wide, why not, out of nowhere a stranger comes and taps on the window of yours at midnight, you're bound to act this way. 

"Mr. Ahuja what are you doing here at this time?", she whispered yelled at me. Can't she ask me the questions after pulling me inside? For god's sake, I'm hanging on the pipeline.

"Please Ms. Tandon, I'll answer all your questions once I have got an assurance that I won't break my bones. Can you please pull me inside?", I pleaded at her. 

Scrutinizing her gaze at me for a good two minutes, sighing, at last, she helped me. "Thank you so much". She just nodded her head. Tucking her hands in front of her middle she raised her eyebrows at me for an explanation.

"I kept calling your sister for two days, I even left voice messages and text. But she responded to none. So I kinda grew worried about her. To make peace with my inner self, I came to check up on her.", I whispered to her. I don't want her parents to wake and catch me red-handed. 

Hearing my words there was a small mischievous look playing in her eyes, whilst her mouth twitched into a smirk. Great now she'll tease me to death! Shaking her head at me, she gestured me to sit on one of the couches in her room. 

I don't want to sit, I want to see my choco, My heart whispered.

Only she can take you to her if you want. So shut your mouth and sit, my mind chided at me. 

"Well, your girl is absolutely fine. She just fought with mom. I guess that's the reason she might not have responded to any of your texts or calls", she stressed the word your girl more than required. I just nodded my head.

"But she's doing good right? I mean despite the fact she fought with your mom?", I questioned her. Again there was a smirk playing on her lips, and she raised her eyebrows at me.

I shifted uncomfortably on the couch. These two sisters really know who to make me uncomfortable with the looks. "She's doing fine, but what brings you here at this moment of the night?", she asked me, more like whispered.