Chapter 9

Navya Tandon

With all the time in the world, I was just thinking about Sharav yesterday, that guy fled the part after the little stunt I pulled. Chuckling at his thoughts, I was racking through the outfits in my closet, searching for one good outfit for me. Today I have an interview for the post of an assistant to a journalist of one of the famous magazines.

My whole family was currently gathered in my room. "I don't have any clothes to wear!", I pouted at them, whilst they glared at me. "Okay fine I've so many clothes to wear! But I don't know what to wear! So my dear family help me", I begged them.Sometimes, my family can be evil.

And I'm a lazy person, so I ask my mom to choose my clothes every day. Sitting in the lotus position on the bed, I was waiting for my family to finish their quest. "Okay, now wear this one", saying this my sister handed me an outfit. 

"Good choice, Ru!", I hugged her. But the little sister she was, "Thank me by getting a book for me", she smirked at me.

"That book! Okay, I'll get you that! I don't know what you love in a thriller?", I scoffed at her.

"Like you're a sucker for romance, I'm a sucker for a thriller, so back off", saying this she left my room.

Shaking their heads to our banter, my parents left the room. Taking a quick shower I changed into the clothes my sister has selected. It was a baby pink color shirt and black trousers. Tying my hair in a high ponytail, I left my home, after having breakfast. 

After getting scolded by every person whilst driving, I reached my destination. "You can do it Nav, you can", patting myself at the back, I entered the office. It was a good-looking office though. Greeting the receptionist, I made my way to the floor she asked me to. Making myself comfortable in one of the chairs, I was waiting for someone to call out my name.  

My luck ditched me today because I was the first candidate to be interviewed. But anyway, I can leave the place as soon as possible. Nonetheless waiting for someone to call me, I kept tapping my feet.

I was getting annoyed. Doesn't this person have something called 'time sense or time management'? I stood from my seat which made the other people in the waiting room look at me.

Come on people, have you not seen any girl getting up from a seat till now?

I wished to scream these words at them. Walking a few steps, I heard someone calling my name, from behind. "Ms. Tandon?", I turned around to see a girl, decked up in make-up. "Yes, that's me", I replied to her.

"You can go inside for your interview", she gave me a fake smile in return. Why? Shrugging my shoulders, I knocked on the door of the cabin, which belonged to someone named Mr. Aayush Marshall.

What? I read the nameplate twice to make sure I didn't read the name mistakenly. Yup! It's Aayush Marshall only.

A cross product of British and India. I laughed silently at my thought. 

Entering the cabin, I saw a man looking good in his late twenties, waiting to murder me with his questions. This is what I hate most about the job, 'The interview' part. This is the place where they ask all the irrelevant questions in the world.

Smiling at him, I gave him my file. He replied to my smile actually, which is weird 'cause no one who is interviewing doesn't smile! That's what I have come across in my experience.

"Okay, Ms. Tandon....", he starts with the speech, which is encoded in his body. About half-hour later, he concluded my interview. Man, that's the longest I have ever come across.