Chapter 13

Navya Tandon

After the little encounter with the mummy cat and the kittens, we left the place to some food, 'cause I was damn hungry. We came across a cute restaurant in the countryside. It actually gives me a homely feeling. An elderly person greeted us and took our order. Thanking us he left the place. Again there was a silence between us. I should make him speak, else I'll forget how to speak.

"Hey could you show me the picture of your nephew, if you don't mind?", I asked him with unsure lacing my tone. Soon his chocolate brown orbs twinkled with happiness. "Yeah, wait", mumbling this he fished his phone out of his pocket. 

"Here look", he handed his phone over to me. His nephew looks so cute. The family picture of the Khannas with him. His sister, Akruti I guess, is sitting on the chair with her son on her lap, whilst the boys are standing behind her with one hand on each other's shoulder. I could feel the happiness radiating from the picture.

Then I slid through the gallery for different pictures. It was mostly of Sharav and his nephew. "Sharav, he's really cute. He's so chubby and I just want to pull his cheek and shower him with all my kisses. Oh, yes what's his name?", I said everything in one go.

"Calm down, will you? I know he's chubby and all. And his name his Vihaan Khanna", he smiled back at me. "Hey Sharav he's looks like his father, but his eyes—"

"Looks like my sister, I know", he completed the sentence for me. Then the old uncle's wife delivered the food for us. I thanked her back smilingly to which she patted my head affectionately.

"Okay, when Vihaan comes here or you go to meet him tag me along with you, will you?", I gave him my best puppy dog eyes. He sighed and nodded his head. Then we started eating peacefully. I moaned at the taste, my taste buds were bursting with food's taste. It's damn delicious. It was a fish finger, chips, and shepherd's pie. I'm gonna visit this little cute restaurant often.

I looked up to see Sharav already looking with eyes, but he was quite— restless? Why? "Hey, why are you looking at me? Or can I say rather in a creepy way?", I snapped at him. He just shook his head. Later completing the dinner— wait! What? It was dinner? How long I've been with him? Someone shook my shoulders, it was Sharav who did this. 

"Hey, ready to go?", he asked me, whilst I just nodded my head. But then it struck me, what about the bill? 

"Sharav what about the bill?", I asked him. "I paid for it", he replied coolly. Come on he can't do it! We can share the bill right?

"Okay, now tell me how much should I pay?", I asked him while picking out some notes from my clutch. He stopped abruptly, and I dashed my head into his back. Did I say that we were now walking back to his car?

"Ouch! Sharav, Is your body made of bricks, steel, or what?", I asked him while rubbing the spot where my nose and head hurts! He turned around, there were just tiny inches between us. That's how close we're standing. I felt my heart beating so fast that it could make me die on the spot. "You don't need to pay", I heard him say.

"Why?", it came out as a whisper because of the proximity we were in. Did we have some bet or what? 

"Because I owe you a cake right?", he asked me with a cheeky grin. I just smiled in reply not knowing what to reply in words. I just nodded my head, but my cheeks were turning red. 

No! You can't be serious? You blush just because he owes you a cake? 

Not wanting to be the teasing subject of his, I instantly went to the passenger's seat side, waiting for him to unlock the door. 

👣

It was ten in the night when I reached home. He climbed out of his car and stood right in front of me. "Thanks for spending some time with me", he said to me in the sincerest tone. 

"Even I should thank you for making this day a memorable one for me Sharav", I replied to him. Whatever I said is true. Because I spent an entire day with him plus dinner with him too. Mumbling a good night I started walking when his question made me stop in my tracks. 

"Can I have your phone number?", I heard him say. I was literally praying the almighty for him to knock some sense in Sharav, which he finally did. I guess! 

"Yeah, sure". I told him my number. Thanking me left the spot. What the hell? He's supposed to give his number to me. Or least he can tell me whether he'll ping me or not?

"Do you really want this guy", I poked the place where my heart resides. Groaning I entered my home. There I was greeted by a glaring mother and a cheeky grin father. 

"Where were you?". Was the question my mother shot towards me. Sighing I told them everything it happened. "You have to stay away from him", was the last word from my mom before she slammed her bedroom door. My eyes misted, whilst I didn't know what to do. My father hugged me. I shed all my tears which didn't stop even for a second.

"How could I just leave him dad, when I love him? He's not like his parents' dad", I sobbed even harder. He just continued to console me. "How can she say like this dad?". 

"You know about your mother right. She's overprotective when the subject is about your sister and you". I nodded my head. "That's all it's Navya. If you want to prove your love to your mom, talk to her, make her understand that he's not his parents. The effort you take will help you achieve your things. Even if it's love", he caressed my head. I just nodded my head.

"So now tell me, did you enjoy your time with my son-in-law?", he asked wiggling his eyebrows at me, I chuckled whilst wiping my tears. 

"Dad! Seriously?"

"Come on, you have to tell me! 'Cause I want to know whether he can keep my princess happy or not, no matter what", he replied in a fatherly tone.

"Do I smell jealousy here?", I asked him sniffling.

"Tease all you want, yes, a father will become jealous, when another man, other him can make his daughter happy", he replied to me with his eyes moist.

"Did you know that you'll top my list, no matter what?"

"Nah-uh! This list exists until you get married. I'll be in third place once you have your son. Then the order will be, your husband, your son and then me"

"No! Even if I have my son you three meaning you, my husband, and my son will be in the first place sharing the love of mine. Not any second or third place", I hugged him. It was just us a father-daughter time.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?", I heard him humming.

"Why is that it's always girl should leave the house once she gets marries and not the guys?", I asked him, 'cause I don't want to be away from my parents and my sister.

"Because you women are stronger than us. Both, physically and mentally. We might not have the strength to give birth to a baby, and we might not be able to handle ourselves when we come across new relations. On the other hand, you have the will power and strength to give birth to a baby and also handle every new member who enters your life", he made me understand.

"But I don't want to leave you guys", I mumbled. 

"It's the way nature runs. A father should make himself ready to give his daughter's hand to someone after some decades, the moment she's born", saying this he kissed my forehead. I felt tears trickling down my cheeks. 

"Okay, now go and sleep, so that we can hatch a plan for your mom to accept Sharav, tomboy", smiling at me he left to his room. 

"Well yes dad, we have to plan something big"

_____________________________

I know I should have updated a chapter last week, and I'm sorry for that. Last week was a hectic one for me 'cause I had to complete my practical in online mode and let me tell you, it literally took my sanity away.

And from yesterday my semester have started scaring the hell out of me. I think till January 12 I'll be busy with my university stuff. Buy I'll try to update or someone just remind to me do it. 'cause last week it totally slipped out of my mind.

Now a days I don't even know the days. These holidays are kill me. I wish I could go to college. Thanks for waiting patiently for the update.

Love you guys,
K.K ❤️