S1 E4 : "The Deer Hunters" (Part 1)

Right now Mom, Rory and I are walking to the only CVS in Stars Hollow to pick up a few things for school.

I don't know why we let mom come since she is just going to make this small trip embarrassing, but that's why we love her.

"Nobody demanded that you came." Rory told mom as she had said something about coming along.

"Are you kidding? How often do you get to do things like this? I was thinking while we're going crazy, we should get some toilet paper and a plunger, next." Mom ranted as we walked into the store.

"We'll just do this later." I smiled as I tried to back out of the store. "No, I'm teasing." Mom said as she grabbed my arm to pull me back. "Come on, get that list of yours."

"Okay, we need legal pads," I started reading from our list. "Tons of pens, some number 2 pencils, three highlighters each, erasers, a staple remover and two folders." I finished reading off the list as I led mom and Rory over to the note pads.

"You need three highlighters, each?" Mom questioned. "Yes." Rory answered quickly.

"Three?" Mom asked again. "Yes." This time I confirmed. "That is a very random number." Mom spoke aloud.

"Three is not a random number." Rory told mom. "No, I mean, how did you get three?" Mom asked, not letting it go. "One dries up, one gets lost, we have one left." I pointed out our thought process.

"You've really thought this out." Mom said, shaking her head up and down. "Yes, we have." I agreed with mom.

"What came first the chicken or the egg?" Mom jokes. "Can we get back to the list?" Rory asked as her and I started to look around. "Alright." Mom agreed.

"Ooh, hey, legal pads." Mom exclaimed as she grabbed the purple ones. "No. Those are purple." Rory said, taking the pads out of mom's hands.

"Purple is festive." Mom spoke, not understanding. "We can't have purple." I told her as Rory put the purple notepads back.

"Yes, you can. They're on sale." Mom pointed out as she looked at the price.

"We are going to a serious school. We need serious paper." Rory explained. "Paper is paper." Mom said as if there was no other way.

"Not at Chilton." I insisted. "Alright, fine. Here's your serious paper." Mom made fun of our paper as she grabbed four yellow pads.

"Thank you." Rory and I thanked as she put them in the bag.

"Oh and here are your somber highlighters. Your maudlin pencils, your manic-depressive pens." Mom taunted at all the non-living objects as she put the supplies in the basket.

"Mom." I complained. "Now, these erasers are on lithium so they seem cheerful, but we caught them trying to shove themselves in the pencil sharpener earlier." She jokes as she shows us the bright and colorful erasers.

"We're going home." I stated as Rory and I both walked away. "No, wait. We're gonna stage an intervention with the neon post-it's and make them give up their wacky, crazy ways." Mom ranted as she followed Rory and I out of the small store.

"You're never coming shopping with us again." Rory mentioned.

~~~

Today was Wednesday, half way through the week, is all I kept telling myself as Rory and I sat on the bus to Chilton.

Rory was taking up an entire two seats with herself plus all her bags, while I sat down on the opposite seat of her. Thankfully no one had sat down next to me, I'm sorry but there is no personal space on a bus.