S1 E3 : "Kill Me Now"

The week went by slowly, but it was finally over. I gave Tristan back his notes today, he offered that I kept them until he actually needed them back, which was super nice of him.

The girl named Brook, Rory and I found out was Paris' cousin, so apparently it just runs in the family.

Rory and I's week was better than the first day so we both are calling it progress. We are starting to get our schedules worked out and organized so that we will have more time with our friends and mom.

Monday was the last time I saw Justin, Katie and Josh. This week has just been so busy lately. Though I have talked on the phone with them, but it's just not the same.

Rory was able to squeeze Lane in for a couple of hours on Wednesday, but that's the last time Rory saw her as we were both back to study later.

Now, today is Friday and I have plans to go out with Justin tomorrow, but before I can do that I have to get by this awful Friday night dinner. Currently we are sitting in the dining room as we had just finished eating what grandma said was a cassoulet.

"Who's Mira?" Mom asked. "Our cook." Grandma answered looking at mom like she was insane. "I thought the cook was Heidi." Mom stated. Rory and I gave each other a knowing glance, knowing exactly where this was going.

"Oh no, we let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things, the door, the refrigerator." Grandma started her list. "The liquor bottle." Grandpa added. I dazed out of this pointless conversation focusing on what Justin had said earlier on the phone.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow." He said. I could tell he was smiling from the sound of his voice.

"Me too. It's been too long. Stupid school." I muttered the last bit, but with the phone right next to my mouth you could easily hear what I said.

"If this is what's going to make your dreams come true, then so be it. I just want to see you happy and I know Chilton will get you there." Justin has been so supportive this past week and my heart aches every time I had to deny going out with him this week.

"Plus I have a surprise for you tomorrow so hopefully that will boost your spirit." He informed me. "You have a surprise for me?" I questioned smiling.

"Yes I do." he confirmed. "What is it?" I asked. "In me telling you that would ruin the whole surprise." He chuckled on the other side. "Eh, I tried." I shrugged my shoulders and let out a laugh.

I wonder what the surprise could be, I mean he is already taking me out to a nice dinner, which he offered. Then we plan on getting some dessert, to me that already sounds like the best. My thoughts were interrupted when the cook came out with the dessert.

"Oh, the dinner was wonderful, Mira." Mom complimented her. "It's Sarah." She corrected. I slightly giggled to myself as mom apologized before she walked off. Then mom looked at Grandma in shock, "Mom her name is Sarah."

"I thought she said Mira." Grandma defended. "Hey, Grandma. These plates are really pretty." Rory started on a new topic.

"Thank you, Rory. They were your great grandmothers." She informed us. "Lorelai the first." Grandpa added. "I thought mom was the first." I joined in, with nothing better to do.

"Not in the name." Grandma said as grandpa shook his head. "No, but in so many other things. I was a trailblazer." She started, "Just finishing your thoughts, mom." She finished looking straight at grandma.

"Lorelai the first was my mother." Grandpa informed Rory and I as grandma gave mom a glare. "She was an extremely accomplished equestrian, a distinguished patron of the arts, and was also world-famous for her masquerade balls. She's quite a woman, my mother."