S1 E2: "The Gilmore's First Day at Chilton" (Part 1)

Tonight was Sunday night. Tomorrow was our first day at Chilton. Rory and I were esthetic, we couldn't wait any longer. The weekend seemed to go by so slow, it was aggravating.

But now we were here, sitting on the couch outside. Rory was getting her nails down while I was letting mine dry. I had whipped cream in my hand and shot some in my mouth.

"That's nice." Mom said as she watched my fill my mouth with the cream. "Thank you." I said, even though it was barely understandable.

"Don't move please." Mom directed Rory. "So, why are you insisting on doing this?" Rory asked gesturing to our nails. "Well, because you're both starting private school tomorrow." She said as she continued to paint Rory's nails.

"Yes, but we are going to be wearing shoes. Nobody's gonna see our feet." I shook my head at mom, making my point. Rory nodded her head in agreement too.

"Okay, but everyone knows that private school girls are bad. And bad girls always wear red nail polish." She informed us on her silly thinking.

"Are you nervous?" She asked after a second of silence from the both of us. "About what?" I questioned the question. "About starting Chilton." She answered. "Well, I wasn't until I heard about all those bad girls." Rory let out a giggle as she teased mom.

"Guys! GUYS!" We heard Katie yell as she and Lane ran from behind the house. "New CD, XTC. 'Apple Venus Volume 2!" Lane shouted as she and Katie ran right into the house.

Mom quickly got up out of her seat leaving Rory and I on the couch. "All Done!" Then ran inside to join Lane and Katie.

"But you only finished half of my toes." Rory yelled after mom. "Who cares!? You're going to be wearing shoes anyway!" She yelled inside the house.

I just looked at Rory and shrugged as the music started filling the house. We both got up to enjoy a little dance party before a day at a new school.

~~~

I had set my timer for 6:00 so I had plenty of time to get dressed and ready. Since I already new what I was wearing, the light blue collar and the plaid skirt with a dark blue jacket and a tie, I quickly changed out of my pajamas to them. I left the button of the jacket undone cause I wanted to.

I went to the bathroom so I could see what I was doing while I did my hair and make-up. My make-up routine was pretty easy, some mascara little bit of lip gloss and some concealer if I needed it. Like Rory we have very pretty faces, but unlike her I have very long and thick lashes.

When I finished my make-up I moved on to my hair. Today was a special day so I wanted it to look nice too. My hair was really long as well, so I could pretty much do anything I wanted with it as well. After I brushed it out, I decided on a half French braid so some of my hair wasn't in the braid.

Once I finished my hair I walked downstairs to see that Rory was already changed and ready to go as well

Once I finished my hair I walked downstairs to see that Rory was already changed and ready to go as well. I grabbed a pop tart to put into the toaster like every other day.