S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)

Grandma and Grandpa were in the living room talking while Rory and I had been in the dining room for about two hours now. At this point, I wasn't really studying, too distracted by the noise Grandma and Grandpa were making, so I was sitting in my chair, bouncing my pencil to see if it would jiggle while doing so.

I'm so bored.

"Ladies!" Grandpa called out, catching mine and Rory's attention, "Are you in any way malnourished or in need of some international relief organization to recruit a celebrity to raise money on your account?" He asked a very in-depth question from his chair in the living room.

"We're good." I called out, a tad confused, but overall knew the answer.

"They're good, Emily." Grandpa told Grandma. Rory continued to go back to her work. I huffed as I looked at her, envying the fact that she could just study anywhere.

I wish I could do that.

I put my elbow on the table and rested my forehead on my palm as I looked back down at my work. I tried to focus, but that only lasted about two seconds. I quietly laughed at myself before getting up from the table and walking over to join the Grandparents.

Yes, that is how desperate I am to cure my boredom.

I knew that they were talking about dinner and something about the cook not coming and from the last part of their conversation, I could tell that they didn't know what to do.

"Hey, uh, how about I check the fridge?" I questioned as I made my way over, "I'm sure there's something in there we could whip up."

"Whip up?" Grandma asked, confused.

"Yeah." I replied. How has she never heard that term?

"Come on." I started and started to walk away, but they didn't move so I looked back, "It'll be fun. I promise."

"Well come on, Mr. 'We'll figure it out.'" Grandma teased Grandpa before following me. Rory at this point joined me in walking to the kitchen, meaning she could hear what was being said, yet somehow still managed to work.

When we all got to the kitchen Rory and I walked to the fridge. Emily and Richard crowded behind us, as if they have never seen the inside of a fridge before. Rory opened the fridge and there were a bunch of small leftovers packaged in white bags with labels on each.

"Nothing." Grandma said as she starred into the fridge.

"Not a blessed thing." Grandma added, towering above us.

"Hey, there's a frozen pizza!" Rory exclaimed, pointing at the bottom shelf.

"How in the world did that get there?" Grandma questioned.

"Maybe you bought it and forgot about it." I answered, having no clue because my Grandparents would have never bought a pizza.

"I have never bought frozen pizza. It must belong to Anna." Grandma came up with a reasonable answer to her question.

"The maid?" Grandpa questioned.

"Yes." Emily rolled her eyes.

"Ahh, got one!" Grandpa cheered for himself.

I laughed slightly before reaching out and grabbing the pizza box. "What are you doing?" Grandma inquired as I brought the cardboard box to the island, "I'm gonna make it."

"Oh, Eva, you're not serious." She objected.

"That hardly looks like dinner." Grandpa mused.

"I agree, Eva, that's food you eat at a carnival or a Turkish prison." Grandma continued.