S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 1)

Mom, Rory and I were on our way to Lukes for some breakfast, like always. We were cutting through the town square which was being set up and decorated for the 'Stars Hollow Autumn Festival.' There were scare-crows, banners and pumpkins littered all around the gazebo. This was probably my favorite time of year.

"One of us has to do laundry tonight" Mom thought aloud as we passed yet another scare-crow.

"Why?" I asked, not in the mood to have a laundry day. "Because I haven't had any clean underwear for three days." She pointed out with a slight complaint.

"So right now, under your skirt, you're wearing..." Rory trailed off, not wanting to finish her sentence. "Not underwear." Mom did it for her.

"Mom!" I exclaimed in slight disgust, my mother walking around in no underwear was something I never wanted to hear.

"It's kind of nice actually, breezy." She kept talking, giving Rory and I much more information than what we wanted.

"My role model, ladies and gentlemen." I sarcastically announced.

"How come you haven't run out yet?" She asked Rory and I. "I don't know, I guess I have more underwear than you." Rory was quick to answer, making it pretty obvious that we had done our own. "That's not true, you have less." Mom stated with a doubtful look.

"Have you two been doing laundry without me?" She exclaimed. "No." This time I answered with a shake of my head. "Rory?" Mom questioned her instead because she knew that I would stick to my story.

"Okay, one load." Rory finally confessed, hitting her breaking point. "Whimp." I commented at her easiness to giving in. Mom huffed, faking being hurt, "You didn't even ask if I had stuff to throw in?"

"It was a big load! There wasn't any room." Rory tried to defend us, but we all knew that it wasn't going to work on Lorelai.

"I'm crushed. I'm bleeding. Get me a tourniquet. Oh no, they're dirty because Rory wouldn't wash them with her stuff." She exaggerated.

"I'm sorry." Rory pleaded guilty as we crossed the street, "I'll do another load tonight, I promise." Rory sweared as she looked at mom.

"Nevermind. I'll do my own laundry." Mom complained, but in a silly sense.

"I'll take you up on that offer." I added, I didn't need it, but I could use a load being done. "No, you always do your own anyways." Rory argued as we passed Miss Patty teaching her dance class the new routine for the Festival.

~~~

We all entered Lukes diner to find Taylor and Luke currently fighting about fall decorations. Taylor was chasing Luke around as Luke decided to more or less ignore him and carry on serving his customers.

I swear the arguments that go on between these two are insane.

"Every other store in town has fall decorations." Taylor claimed trying to get his point across as he followed Luke to another table.

"Well, hurrah for the mob mentality." Luke muttered back to Taylor as he took a customer's order.

Mom, Rory and I dismissed the quarrel and sat down at the counter, waiting for Luke to come over and serve us.

"We're talking a few streamers and a paper turkey. How is it going to hurt to have a paper turkey!" Taylor begged Luke.

If Luke ever hung up steamers, I would know the world is coming to an end.

"No turkeys, no squash, no pumpkins- nothing colored orange." Luke listed as he cleared a table of dirty plates.

"Okay, so you don't like orange, that's fine." Taylor commented following too close behind Luke to which was noticed when Luke suddenly stopped and Taylor almost railed right into him. Luke gave him a death glare and Taylor put his hands up in surrender. Rory and I just looked at each other and chuckled.