S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 1)

"This town meeting will come to order." Miss Patty announced as she banged the gavel against the podium, trying to get everyone's attention. However, no one seemed to care all that much and continued with the small talk they were engaged in.

"Oh, Taylor. Calm down." Miss Patty told Taylor at the front of the stage. "I can't calm down. I'm being persecuted." He complained as he looked over the townspeople.

"I promise that we hear you." Miss Patty urged as she tried to get that through Taylor's head.

"We've been hearing you for 20 minutes!" Andrew stood up, speaking on everyone's behalf that Taylor is being a little over-sensitive.

"Well, excuse me Andrew, but some of us have businesses to run that don't involve peddling drug paraphernalia to kids." Taylor argued.

"It was a lava lamp, Taylor." Andrew defended with an attitude.

Oh cool! I've been wanting to get one of those.

"There is no use for a lava lamp unless you're on drugs." Taylor stated.

Ouch and I am very much not on drugs.

"Oh for crying out loud." Andrew mumbled as he took a seat back down just as mom walked in with our dinner.

"What'd I miss?" She asked as she handed Rory and I our drinks and hotdogs. "Taylor Doose wants the no-parking zone in front of his store removed," Rory filled mom in as I took a sip of my sprite and continued to listen to Miss Patty at the front. "He says his customers are being unfairly ticketed."

"No, it's just because he wants to park there all day." Mom pointed out the real reason of Taylors actions. "Genius." I added before the Mayor came up to talk.

"I have been Mayor of this fine town for a long time." He began, "I tend to think of all of you as my children. Unfortunately, sometimes, children have to be disciplined." He continued as mom nudged me while shaking her head.

I couldn't hold back a smile at mine and mom's immaturity. "Dirty." I whispered as I nudged mom back.

"Now, I'm gonna say something and I'm only gonna say it once." He started as he took a pause, "We have leash laws, people." He stated.

"Daddy's getting angry." Mom commented and I couldn't help but let out a giggle before covering my mouth.

"Rover will not leash himself." The mayor kept going. "Good point." Rory added as she took a bite of her hotdog.

"I would like to now move on to something of even greater importance." He started a new topic, one that we all knew was going to be fun.

I felt a smirk appear on my face as the mayor continued to talk. "As you all know, this coming Friday is the anniversary of the legendary battle of Stars Hollow." He concluded and everyone started to applaud.

"Where's Luke?" Mom asked, knowing what was coming. "There." I pointed out, as Luke was the first thing I sought out when we got here.

"Patty will be circulating a sign-up sheet for those of you who would like to participate in the reenactment of foresaid battle." The mayor instructed.

"He's turning red." Rory smiled. "He's shaking his head!" I quietly exclaimed as we continued to watch Luke.

"All right, 'It was a frigid November night some 224 years ago." The Mayor started to read the story of the battle.

"He's shifting in his seat." Mom narrated.

"He's adjusting the cap." Rory said as she grabbed onto my shoulder in anticipation.