S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 2)

It took me forever to find out where Justin was. First I looked at Lukes, possibly he had stopped for something to eat, then the Bookstore, where he works, after that I looked around aimlessly in the town square, before I asked Miss Patty.

It finally took me to Josh's house when his mom told me that they were most likely at the school's football field.

Like duh, why didn't I think of that. Most likely because I was still questioning my sanity after what happened with Tristan and I.

Anyway, that is where I am. I walked through the girls locker room so I would head straight to the field instead of the bleachers.

There they were, Katie, Belle, Josh, Darren and Justin. Katie and Belle were sitting on the bench's off to the side, while the boys just tossed the football back and forth.

The season was still going, but the Coach's wife had a baby so they only have practice on Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays.

I walked up to Katie and Belle first, hoping that they would be easier to talk to. I don't even know if I should tell them what happened or if I should just keep it a secret.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile pressed on my face. "Oh my god. Hey! I didn't think you'd be back this early." Katie said as she got up to give me a hug.

"Yeah, I didn't feel like staying." I told them. "It's good to see you. I feel like it's been forever." Belle mentioned.

"I know. I'm sorry, but I am all caught up now, so I should have more time on my hands." I stated.

"Hey you." Justin chimed as he hugged me from behind and placed a kiss on my cheek. "Hey." I smiled back at him as I hugged his arms. Josh and Darren had done about the same with their girlfriends.

"Hey, Eva." Josh and Darren both greeted. "Hey. So any plans or just hanging out?" I asked. "Well, we didn't know what time you'd be back so we just decided to hang out." Darren answered for me. "Yeah, didn't you have that bake sale thingy." Josh pointed out.

Dang him for a good memory

"Yeah, but I just wanted to come home. Plus mom and Rory can handle it." I dismissed the fact that I wanted to get away from a certain someone. "That's nice of them." Justin noted. "Yeah it was." I agreed.

Wanting to change the subject, I wiggled out of Justin's grasp and grabbed the football. "Girls against boys?" I challenged tossing the ball from hand to hand.

Everyone cheered in agreement. Justin came up behind me, grabbed my hips and whispered, "You're going down."

"You wanna bet?" I questioned, turning around in his grasp. "Bet what?" He inquired.

"If you win, we'll do whatever you want for a day," I started as I slowly moved my arms up his chest around his neck. "And if I win, we do whatever I want for a day." I ended, biting my lower lip and looking him up and down.

He visibly swallowed, "Yeah. Okay." He answered. I smirked and let up to press a kiss to his lips, before I grabbed his hand and tugged him to the middle of the field with the others.

~~~

The game was currently tied, 14 to 14. We agreed that who ever got the next touchdown wins and the ball was ours.

Katie and Belle were on either side of me with Darren and Josh guarding them. We made the rule of no rushing the quarterback so Justin was in the middle of the field ready to get whoever got the ball.

I held the ball out in front of me as I yelled, "Down, set, HUT!" Then brought it back to me, ready to throw.

The girls took off running, it was really funny. We didn't know too many plays, so after a while we just said, 'Get open.' So they were running every which was trying to give me a target to pass to.