S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 1)

Friday night dinner, one of the things I dread the most. After a hard day at school of taking notes to where my hand cramps up, dealing with Paris and Brook and finally the somewhat awkward encounter with Mr. Medina; I still have to dress up and sit through hours on end of mom and Grandma making passive aggressive statements towards each other.

Rory and I are sat side by side across from mom. Rory is wearing a colorful outfit, while mom and I are more dressed up. She is wearing a nice, burgundy blouse and a black pencil skirt and I'm wearing a short dark red dress.

"Tomorrow our lawyer, Joseph Stanford is coming by

"Tomorrow our lawyer, Joseph Stanford is coming by." Grandma started talking as we waited for Grandpa to come back so we could get dessert.

"Ugh. Crazy Sissy's dad." Mom groaned as she took a sip of wine. "That's terrible. Sissy was a good friend of yours." Grandma said, shocked.

"Mom, Sissy talked to her stuffed animals and they answered her." Mom pointed out. Have to admit that is a little creepy.

"Let's just start a new topic." Rory suggested. "You're impossible," Grandma ignored Rory and continued to nag at mom. "She said a new topic mom." Lorelai directed.

"Everything's a joke. Everyone's a punch line." Grandma sneered. "Okay, I'm sorry." Mom apologized, but we all know it was just a saying. "My daughter, Henny Youngman." Grandma commented.

"Sorry for that." Grandpa announced as he walked back into the dining room, fixing his tie. "A little trouble in our China office." He continued to explain.

"What did I miss?" He asked. "I was being impossible then I turned into a Jewish comedian." Mom answered.

"Oh, well, continue." He said as he had nothing else to say. "Thank you, where was I?" Grandma questioned herself. "Um, Joseph Stanford is coming tomorrow." I reminded her.

"Yes!" She exclaimed, "So, girls. Your grandfather and I thought it would be nice, after dinner, for you to look around the house and pick out what you'd like us to leave you both in our will." Grandma directed.

"Take a look at that desk in my office. It's a really fine Georgian piece." Grandpa added. "Why don't I ever bring a tape recorder to these dinners." Mom thought to herself.

"Oh, well anything you want to leave me is fine." Rory dismissed. "Yeah. I'm sure it'll be fine." I agreed.

"Nonsense. You should have what you like." Grandma assured Rory and I, "So just look around, if you find something you like, stick a post-it on it." She explained.

"Okay,  you two have hit a level of weirdness that even I marvel at." Mom commented. "You can pick out things too." Grandma offered. "Oh, well now it's less creepy." Mom smiled.

"Do you hear that Richard? Apparently we're creepy." Grandma commentated. "Yes, well, you live and learn." Grandpa responded as the maid finally brought out dessert.