Nineteen//What about forever?

(This song helped me write this chapter. Feel free to listen to it while reading if you'd like)

Flashback

"Are they done yet?" Klaus asked impatiently as he paced, Luna sitting on their bed, hugging her knees. "It's only been a few seconds, Nik. We have to be patient." She told him slipping her head in between her arms where she silently panicked before she felt Klaus move onto the bed. He pulled her onto his chest keeping her close to him.

"I understand if you don't want to be a part of our child's life. Neither of us had known this was possible. You had no heads up. I won't angry at you if you decide to pick up and leave...just know i'm going to have this baby...with or without you." She sighed. Klaus had moved his hand under her chin adjusting her eyes to meet his. "No. I will be there...for everything. I will a better father than mine ever was. This baby has managed to bring me joy with just the few hours i've known about him or her." The timer rung telling the couple that the pregnancy tests had been ready.

"Well that was faster than a thought it would be." Luna chuckled walking to the bathroom and flipping the tests and Every last one coming up positive. Klaus had set his hand on her flat stomach looking into her eyes in utter joy.

Present/ Nine Months Later

"Well, it's time." Rebekah smiled handing Luna the bouquet of flowers. Klaus and Luna had done exactly as he wished they planned a wedding with Rebekah's help of course. Today was a day of peace in New Orleans. "I guess I can finally call you my sister in a few short minutes." Rebekah's eyes went teary while Luna pulled her into a hug. Luna's due date was just around the corner. But in her stunning wedding dress, you could hardly tell she was pregnant. "Are you ready?"

"To marry Nik? I am." She smiled. Elijah stormed into the room. He had been hoping to make it before Luna walked down the aisle. "You look stunning." He complimented her. "If you'd let me..I'd like to escort you down the aisle." He offered kindly. Rebekah smiled brightly. It seemed today was a very emotional day for the Mikaelson's. "Well, I should go make sure everything's ready for the bride." Rebekah left Elijah and Luna. They stood in their position waiting for their signal. "Married or not. You are a Mikaelson. And I am honored to call you my sister."

"Do you want me to cry?" She asked, her eyes brimming with tears before she blinked them away. Luna's pregnancy had not been easy. It was filled with war and bloodshed. Marcel hadn't made it easy. "It's time," Elijah warned her. Luna gave him a small nod as they began to walk down the aisle. Immediately Luna's eyes locked with his. The blue-green eyes she adored with every ounce of her body. They could do so many things to her. Things he'd never known.

Once Luna met Klaus at the altar they join hands. 'I love you.' He mouthed. 'I love you.' she mouthed back before the officiate began to speak. "Friends, we have been invited here today to share with Niklaus Mikaelson and Luna De Morale a very important moment in their lives. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other have grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife." He began.

"The couple has decided to write their own vows." Klaus let out a sigh. "Luna, what seems like forever ago I took my first look at you. And I knew, I knew that you were the one. I found you then I lost you and I was broken. But here we are. I know you deserve someone better than me but I promise to try. I promise to try and be that someone you deserve, to make you happy at your lowest, to be that shoulder to cry on when you need one, but also to be a good father for our child. To be a part of her life and yours." He vowed.

"Now your vows Ms. Morale." The officiate said kindly smiling at her. "Ok." She huffed attempting to keep her tears from falling. Just as Luna's mouth opened ready to say her vows she jolted forward. "Luv?" Klaus asked. Luna looked into Klaus' eyes and he sensed something was wrong. The front and back of her dress oozed with a red scarlet liquid. "No," Nik said under his breath.

Everyone turned around looking at the person who had caused this. It was Thierry Marcel's friend. In his other hand was a wooden stake the first one he had been holding now in Luna's back grazing her heart. Katherine vamped up to his snapping his neck watching as his limp body fell. Luna's loss of blood was extreme. She wen dizzy falling to the floor as Klaus caught her, her head now on his lap. He ripped out the stake from her back.

"Piece..in back." She choked out. "Don't you dare leave me yet Luna Morale?" Klaus pleaded fishing the last peace of the stake. "I would stay if I could." A tear fell from the corner of her eye. "Save our baby. You can't lose yourself. You n-need someone t-to l...love." She begged him. Everyone fell to the floor everyone but Katherine, Marcel, and the Mikaelson's. A witch named Davina Claire rushed up to them. She wasn't a fan of the Mikaelson's but she had gotten to know Luna well.

"I can't save you both." She puffed clearly frightened. "It's ok." Davina nodded started a spell that put Luna into early labor. "Nik, stop," Luna demanded. "No." He gritted through his teeth. "Marcel!" Davina panicked. "D?" H asked worriedly. "Get me some warm water and towels." She ordered. Marcel vamped away fetching the items. For Klaus, it felt as if everything had stopped. It was all going in slow motion. Once Klaus had realized there was nothing he could he held Luna close. "No. No, no." He muttered. Luna set her hand on his cheek. "I love you...I'll be okay." She assured him blood now dribbling out her mouth. "Don't go." He sobbed. "I'll love you." She muttered as the life left her eyes and her hand fell from his cheek. While all this was happening Davina was saving his child's life.

Klaus sobbed as his forehead pressed against hers letting out a scream full of pain and loss. "I can't do this without you." He whispered rocking her back and forth. Rebekah dropped to her knees tears streaming while Katherine held Elijah close.

A/N: This is NOT the end of the story. I will have another chapter posted in a few days. But I would like to say that I never say my fanfic actually becoming something successful. Thank you all so so so much from the bottom of my heart for reading my story.❤️