Twenty One//Missing You

15 Years Later

15 Years Later

As Hope grew up Klaus became more distant. Everything had changed. All the photos with Luna were now faced down. All except for one. 1 day out of 365 he allowed himself to feel, to grieve. It had been a month after Luna's death anniversary it would have been Klaus and Luna's wedding anniversary. "Can you just yell at me already? Go ahead, yell." Hope pleaded walking into the compound. She had been suspended from school for selling her blood. "No I think I should wait for your dad to do that because I don't seem to keep you under control...every time I tell you not to sell your blood you go and do it. You're grounded Hope, go to your room." Freya scolded.

"You can't ground me your not my mom stop acting like it. My mom died 15 years ago. She died before I even got to look at her. I can't even remember her. And my dad's with Genevieve. He's always with her, he doesn't have time to ground me." Hope argued. Genevieve was Klaus's new mate she was a friend with benefits than a girlfriend or anything more. "I might not be your biological mother, Hope but at least I stook around long enough to meet you. He's not always with Genevieve he's at your mother's grave." Hope stood silent. "Hope-" Freya said sadly realizing what she had said. "I- I'm tired. I'm going to my room." She muttered running up the steps, her door slamming shut.

Right behind where Hope once stood were Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, and Katherine. Somehow Katherine stayed in New Orleans. Kol felt himself take over with anger marching over to Freya. "You do not get to talk about her like that! Her soul the most beautiful soul I have ever met. Her smile made the room light up. Her laughter spread happiness and joy through the rest of us. She made every last one of us a better person! And here you are taking her role as a mother! I feel sorry for you." He shouted before walking off. Freya fought so hard to earn the love of Mikaelson love but she had just lost the love of Kol. So, Hope stayed in her room listening to music. Eventually, she dozed off falling into a deep sleep.

•••
New Orleans was dark, hollow, abandoned. The door of Rousseau's bursted opened. An army of peace marching in, The New Orlean ancestors. Witches. "Don't do this." A woman pleaded. Hope new her by the pictures on the walls. It was her mother. Luna De Morale almost Mikaelson. The witches each lifted their hands giving Luna an unbearable amount of pain. Luna collapsed to the floor. "Stop! Please! Stop!" She shouted. The doors and windows began to shake, shattering into hundreds of tiny pieces. Luna let out a scream. Hope's eyes shot open as she sat up looking around. "Mom?" She asked. Once she realized it had all been a dream she got out of bed rushing to Freya.

"Aunt Freya?" Hope called out walking into the study. "Hope? What's wrong?" Freya asked. "It's my mom. She's in trouble." Once Hope had gotten to the study a second later Rebekah and Katherine appeared. "What do you mean 'She's in trouble'?" Rebekah asked. "The ancestors. They're hurting her." Hope panicked. "We have to bring her back."Hope persuaded. "We can't do that." Freya frowned.

"Why not?! She's dead! My mom is dead! And it's my fault." Hope cried. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Hope. We- we just can't. I wish she were here too but she wouldn't want this." Katherine told her. "Right." Hope scoffed before walking away.
•••
Freya gathered two of her brothers. Elijah and Klaus. "What happened?" Klaus asked wanting to get to the point. "Hope said she saw Luna suffering on the other side." She explained. "What do you mean saw Luna?" Elijah asked. "She saw her in a dream- a vision. I'm not sure." She shrugged. "You did all this over a dream," Klaus said lifting up his arms angrily. "She's had dreams of her mother a handful of times." He added.

"Hope said that Luna was screaming in pain. The ancestors were abusing her with magic. Torture." Klaus froze. He thought of the time when Luna had told him that her own father had hurt her just al Mikael did to Klaus. "How do we know this dream is true? And if it is how do we help her?" Elijah asked snapping Klaus from his thoughts. "We can't help her." Though no one knew Hope had been eavesdropping.

"Why can't we?" Klaus questioned. "Because the only way to help her is to bring her back to life." "So let's bring her back to life." Elijah pushed. "It's not that simple. To bring someone back we need a tremendous about of magic and Hope is powerful enough to do it herself but it's too dangerous." Klaus' anger took over as he threw a vase into a wall. "So we let her suffer just as her father did to her?!" He shouted. "Control yourself!" Elijah ordered.

"Using that much power to bring her back can open a door to let anyone back people that we killed it will let them cross over." She continued. Klaus had lost all hope to ever see his soulmate ever again. He, after all, is immortal. "Then there is no choice...we can't bring her back." He frowned. Hope quietly tip towed down the stairs to the living room where Luna's ashes were they had decided to cremate her but they also bury an empty casket. "Hi mom," Hope muttered taking the urn and sneaking back to her room with it.

A/N: I was gonna wait a few days to publish this...but clearly I have zero patience. Thank you for reading! Have a great day/Night!!!!