Twenty Two//The Return

After Freya's news Klaus had left the compound and went to Rousseau's to drink his feelings away

After Freya's news Klaus had left the compound and went to Rousseau's to drink his feelings away. Kol was the first to realize the urn was missing. He found comfort to take a minute to look at the urn and think of all the good times he had with Luna. But he couldn't do that today. The Mikaelson's all ran up to Hope's room already predicting what she had planned. "Hope. Don't do this. Luna wouldn't want this!" Rebekah begged. "Hope, please just stop what you're doing. We can fix this." Freya negotiated. "How!? How could we possibly fix this!? My mom's hurting. I can't live with myself if she keeps getting hurt." She said her eyes beginning to tear.

"Hope I don't think you understand. You could bring back our enemies, who want you to die." Elijah explained. "Then let me die. I'm sorry uncle Elijah...I need her. Terra Morra Vantis." She chanted as the Mikaelson's try to walk past realiZing a trail of salt across the room. The flames of the candles grew violent as Hope poured the ashes onto the floor. There were only two requirements for this spell. The flesh and blood of the deceased. Hope used a dagger two slice her hand which quickly healed. While Hope began Freya tried breaking the sire bond. "Hope! Please!" Freya shouted trying to hold open the boundary.

"From ashes to bone, from bone to flesh, from bone to flesh. Ocoros Mecante, Aleora Subsitos. Ocoros Mecante, Aleora Subsitos. Olo Santire, Dis Et Brav. Ocoros Mecante, Aleora Subsitos." She chanted. Repeating it over and over again the flames now out of control. "From ashes to bone! Bone to flesh! Flesh to life! Olo Santire, Dis Et Brav. Ocoros Mecante, Aleora Subsitos!" The flames went out. And a sharp gasp was heard. Just as everyone stood in shock Freya opened the barrier. "Luna?" Freya said breaking the silence. "Freya?" She asked. "Mom?" Hope called out. "Oh my god. Hope?" Hope threw her arms over her mom's shoulder.
•••

"Hope knew the risks of bringing you back...and she did it behind our backs." Freya sighed. Hope had been sent to bed after she had used a lot of magic on Luna who hadn't said much. "How do we know if anyone came back?" Marcel asked. "We don't." Freya shrugged. "So we wait until someone shows up to try and kill us. Wonderful." Katherine said dripping with sarcasm. "I just came back to life a few hours ago...I was dead for 15 years...I've been tortured for 15 years," Luna said taking a sip of her beer followed by a hysterical laugh. "I was dead." She laughed. Everyone looked a each other with a small smirk before joining in on the laughter.

"It's late, why don't you come back to bed?" Genevieve asked. "I'm a bit busy trying to finish up this painting, Genevieve." Klaus sighed. "When we get together you always paint." She said playing with the bristle's of a brush. "Don't get me wrong I love when you do. Don't tell me I inspire you-" Genevieve smiled before Klaus cut her off. "I've run out of paint. Excuse me for a moment while I go get some more." Klaus left her. As he walked downstairs he heard the laughs of his siblings. "Kol put me down!" A girl laughed as Klaus walked into the living room. "Now who's this lovely lady, brother?" Klaus asked everyone becoming tense as Kol put her down. He locked eyes with her immediately. "Hello, Nik." She said a bit awkwardly. His face became pale. "I thought we agreed-" Elijah cut him off. "Hope brought her back despite our wishes." He explained.

"Now, I for one think it was a good decision." Kol smiled setting his  arm on Luna's shoulder. Luna had already heard about Genevieve  from Hope and Hope really didn't like her at all. Luna was happy for him, she was. But it was a bit hard for her. Klaus had thought of everything he wanted to say to her. How much he still loved and missed her but he was caught off guard by Genevive. "Who's this?" She asked as she approached Klaus. "You must be Genevieve. Hope told me about you." Luna smiled. "You're Luna. All good things I hope."   "Of course." That had been a lie. No one liked Genevieve and how she pranced around in scraps of lace she call lingerie just as she did now. "I should go," Genevive said shyly before leaving. "Luna-" Klaus started. "It's been 15 years. It'd b weird if you weren't with someone else...I'm gonna go get some sleep." She smiled genuinely. There was still  one question that had not been answered...how did Luna know Freya?