Twenty//Postpartum

The room went silent as it filled with the sounds of a baby

The room went silent as it filled with the sounds of a baby. Davina had carefully cut the umbilical cord and cleaned the girl up before handing her to Klaus. Elijah set his hand on his little brother's shoulder. "What shall we call her?" He asked. "Hope. Her name is Hope." She said his voice cracking."Hope Cynthia Mikaelson." The name Cynthia meant moon goddess. Klaus looked at Elijah then back at Hope. "Hope Cynthia Mikaelson." He agreed. "I love it." Rebekah sighed. "Luna should be here." Klaus cried rubbing his temples. "She is. Maybe not physically but there's a piece of her right in front of it." Rebekah pointed out dazing at her beautiful niece.

"Let's get you home," Klaus whispered leaving his siblings to take care of their mess not that they really minded. Once Klaus had returned to the compound he set Hope carefully in her crib."Your mother would have adored you with every bit of her." He frowned. "I will do right by your mother and right by you. I will stand with you Always & Forever, littlest wolf." He vowed as his daughter let out a soft yawn that set Klaus in Awe. Watching Hope sleep that night brought him peace.

A/N: I know this chapter is short BUT I will have a next chapter coming soon. I couldn't wait to publish this so that's why it is out a day early!