⭐️2| valiant

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. No matter how long she had gotten to stay in bed, she still managed to feel even more exhausted than she did the night before.
"Tired?" Morgana smiled, lifting her hair away from her neck as Aurora secured the golden necklace around her.
"A bit." She replied, dusting off the creases in Morgana's dress. She ran her hands through Morgana's silky hair, gently braiding in small gold beads as she worked.

"I can call Gwen to finish if need be." Morgana offered, smiling softly at her handmaiden in the mirror.
"It's alright." Aurora tried to refuse, but Morgana insisted, standing up and jumping out of Aurora's reach.
"No! Go rest! I can't have you falling asleep on me the day of the tournament."
Morgana laughed and Aurora sighed in defeat.
"Alright, fine. I'll see you at the tournament then, My Lady."
Aurora dipped her head in a bow, leaving the room and sending Gwen a smile as she passed.

Aurora returned to Gaius' home before Merlin did, and she loosely braided her hair. The door opened, and Merlin walked in, clad in metal armour. He carried a helmet under his arm and his face was scrunched up in what could've only been described as pain. Gaius chuckled, taking in Merlin's dishevelled state while still working on his potion. Merlin lifted his hand to his head, and slapped it a few times.

"Do you hear clanging?" He asked, voice slightly higher pitched than usual, and Aurora giggled.
"Come sit, brother." She patted the seat beside her, and he shed his armour, rolling his neck around. Gaius placed down his work and began massaging Merlin's shoulders.
"It was horrible!" He began to complain, and Aurora felt a surge of pity flooding through her. At least Morgana saw her as a friend- she couldn't imagine being Arthur's servant.
"And I still have to learn all about tournament etiquette before tomorrow." Merlin sighed, focusing his eyes on the book that rested on the opposite side of the table. He chanted an incantation and the book slid towards him, opening on a certain page.

Gaius slapped him around the head, and Merlin looked up at him in shock.
"Oi! What have I told you about using magic this way?"
Merlin scoffed, rubbing the back of his head gently.
"I'm sure he'd pick it up if he could actually feel his arms." Aurora laughed, and Merlin sent her a grateful smile.

"Nevermind his arms! What do I and your sister do if you get caught?" Gaius asked, face stone stiff. Merlin frowned turning back to face his sister.
"What would you do?"
Aurora shrugged, hiding a laugh at Merlin's offended face.
"Just make sure it doesn't happen. For all of our sakes." Gaius replied, pulling Merlin's arm up and twisting it to press down on his shoulder. Merlin hissed at the pain, and rolled his neck again.

"I save Arthur from being killed and I end up as his servant! How is that fair?" Merlin complained, and Gaius pulled his arm up to stretch the muscles again.
"I'm not sure fairness comes into it. You never know. It might be fun."
Merlin let out a mocking laugh, similar to Arthur's a few days prior.
"I don't think mucking out horses will be fun, Gaius." Aurora piped in, and Merlin rolled his eyes.
"At least you get someone nice, Rora! You barely have to do anything apart from braid her hair and dress her." Merlin sighed again, wincing as a sore muscle was stretched.