⭐️6| a remedy to cure all ills

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora looked up from where she sat, cleaning and polishing Morgana's jewellery when Gwen walked in with an armful of flowers.

"Look what's just arrived for you."

Morgana smiled, taking them from her and checking for a tag as she asked who they were from.

"Maybe Arthur?" The witch piped in, clearing away the final pieces of her rings and joining the two women by Morgana's desk.

She made a face, causing the two handmaidens to laugh.

"How disappointing."

"Who would you like them to be from?" Gwen asked, admiring the pearly whiteness of them.

"Tall dark stranger?" Morgana offered as Gwen took them back and walked off to find a vase to fill.

"I like how everything you wish for is everything against Arthur." Aurora giggled, and the Lady smiled in return, pressing a finger to her lips.

Aurora was let off early, and she bounced down to the water pump to refill the bucket.

"Fancy seeing you here."

Her eyes shut, a sigh pushing past her lips as she turned around.

"Sire."

"Don't look so down about it. Need a hand?" Arthur stood by her side, not waiting for an answer as he gripped the handle and began walking.

"Come on, ginger ale."

The nickname startled her for a moment, but she rushed after him, face slightly pink as she lifted her skirt off the ground.

"How are you feeling? After the griffin?" She striked up a conversation, and he glanced sideways at her.

"I'm much better, yes. It was weeks ago, so no surprise." Arthur let slip a laugh, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I know. Just trying to make conversation."

The two fell silent, the quiet sloshing of water inside the bucket being the only noise heard. Arthur handed back the bucket and she smiled in appreciation.

"Thank you, sire."

"Anytime."

The next morning, Aurora had been woken up quite violently by her brother, spewing incoherent words about Morgana.