⭐️7| the gates of avalon

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Sometimes, the young witch often wondered if Gaius was just being a sneaky old man by sending her out so far into the woods to collect herbs. Perhaps, he wished for her to be captured by the border patrol of the separate territories.

Or, maybe the herbs just didn't grown near to Camelot. Either way, Aurora slumped to the damp floor in exhaustion, brushing the leave off the skirt of her dress.

Merlin was out hunting with Arthur, and she hoped not to meet them in their path. Despite what people may assume, she didn't really want an arrow buried in her skull at any time soon. Nor any time later for that matter. In fact, she didn't fancy it at all.

A series of screams echoed through the woods, bouncing from tree to tree, and Aurora clambered to her feet. Scooping up the now heavy basket into her arms, she rushed through the overgrown underbrush.

A man laid on the floor, face almost red in fear and eyes scrunched up as he held up an arm to defend himself from his attackers. His deep blue robe was splayed out across the churned up mud as the thief advanced.

Arthur appeared from the trees, aiming his crossbow and shooting at one out of the group of attackers. He fell to the floor with a cry, and Aurora dropped her basket, readying her magic if it was needed.

The Prince swapped weapons, swinging his sword as the men turned to him. A young girl cried out, finally released from their grip, and Aurora rushed over to help her up.

She looked to be a few years younger than her, at least, face round and babyish. Her cloak was a soft gold, light brown hair revealed underneath. She smiled with a grateful nod before turning back to who Aurora presumed to be her father.

She shivered, an odd feeling running through her at the sight of the girl.

"And let that be a lesson to you!" Merlin yelled at the retreating assailant, Arthur looking back with a roll of his eyes.

Aurora laughed quietly, stepping over the branch that had "mysteriously" fallen on another man. Arthur approached the two victims and Aurora waited for her brother to join her side.

"I was covering his back." He mumbled.

"Are you alright? They didn't hurt you?" The Prince asked the two, and the girl turned around to once again show her face. She smiled, shaking her head.

Aurora noticed a small beaded crown resting over her hair and dipping onto her forehead, and she frowned, guessing the victims were some kind of royalty.

"No. Thanks to you." The girl removed her hood, parts of her hair twisted into intricate braids with gold ribbon. Her vice matched Aurora's thoughts of her- high-pitched and rather childish.

"I'm Sophia, this is my father." She spoke again, looking back at her father. Arthur seemed dumbfounded by the glistening blue of her eyes.

"Arthur Pendragon, at your service." He bend down to kiss the back of her hand, and Aurora held back a scoff. He never kissed my hand, she thought.