⭐️23| sweet dreams

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora hurried through the castle, her eyes half closed as she tried to block out the startling rays of sunlight. She had too many tasks and not enough time to complete them that morning. Placing down the basket of clean clothing, she turned back the way she came and ran down the halls.

She panted as the turned the corner into a normally unused chamber. That day was the meeting between the five rulers, and all were staying in Camelot, including the woman she would be serving. Lady Vivian.

Aurora composed herself, hiding her frantic breaths as she walked in. Arthur glanced back, giving her a small smile that she returned.

"May I present Aurora? She will be looking after you for the duration of your stay here. You will want for nothing. She is truly one of Camelot's finest." Arthur said, and Aurora dipped into a curtsy, plastering on a polite smile. Lady Vivian looked over her with judging eyes.

"Then I fear for Camelot." She giggled as if her words weren't as rude as they sounded. Aurora blinked, meeting eyes with Arthur. The two left rather quickly after that, and the Prince shut the door before leaning against the wall.

Aurora glanced up, bursting out into laughter and covering her mouth. Arthur followed, laughing in disbelief without even trying to hide it.

"Good luck with that one." He teased, and the witch rolled her eyes.

"Oh thank you, my Lord." She laughed, shaking her head and sighing as she managed to stop her laughter. The two locked eyes once again, a fond smile on Arthur's lips as he stared down at her.

"Arthur?"

"Yes?"

"I believe you have a feast to prepare for?" Aurora posed her words as a question, and the dropping of Arthur's face was almost enough to make her laugh again.

"I do." He groaned.

"Good luck with that one." She repeated his earlier words, and his mouth moved to mock her, making incoherent sounds. Arthur pushed off from the wall, striding away without another word, and leaving the witch with a comical smile on her face.

Aurora huffed, her back against a cold pillar in the great hall, Gwen to her left and rows upon rows of people brought from the five Kings. The hall was more crowded than it had even been, and Aurora felt her stomach twist every time she had to move through them.

In the centre was a jester brought by one of the Kings. He moved around, blowing fire into the air. Aurora clapped along with a bored expression. He moved towards the Kings, gagging and covering his mouth before blowing a heated flame across the table at them.

The men erupted in cheers and laughter and Lady Vivian, who sat in front of Aurora and beside Lady Morgana, flinched back before laughing in wonder.

"But it is not enough to please the gentlemen of the court," The jester said once the hall became quiet, "Now, I have a spectacle for the ladies."