⭐️12| to kill the king

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora awoke with a start, pulling her blanket higher against her chest. The cool wind drifted in through the open window, causing the witch to shiver, goosebumps racing down her arms. In her head was an almost silent ringing, yet the sound wasn't what had woken her.

A pounding headache beat against her temples like a drum, causing Aurora to groan quietly, pressing a cool hand to her warm head. She looked over at Merlin through blurry eyes, the boy returning her gaze of confusion.

Both siblings sat bolt upright in unison as another wave of ringing flooded their heads. Aurora's nightdress was useless against the bitter cold of the night, and she shivered again, laying her head on the soft pillow as the headache ceased.

Merlin took longer to settle again, but when he did, his face was turned towards his sister. The two stared at each other, seemingly communicating between their minds.

"Rora?"

"Yes Merlin?" She replied in a whisper.

"Did you get a headache too?"

"Yes Merlin."

The witch sat up again, stretching and cursing whatever it was that woke her. She could not fall back asleep, instead rising to her feet and pulling on a thin jacket. Merlin copied her actions, rubbing her arms in an attempt to warm his sister's shaking figure.

"Can't sleep?" Gaius asked as they descended the stairs. Merlin shook his head.

"Something woke us."

"What?"

"I don't know."

Aurora glanced out of the windows, desperately in need of cleaning, yet she could still see the faint glimmer of the rising sun as Merlin tried to explain what had awoken the two. The door burst open as Gwen rushed through, face contorted with despair.

"My father's been arrested!" She cried, coming to a stop beside Aurora, who wrapped comforting arms around her.

"Arrested? What for?" Merlin asked, looking between Gwen and his sister.

"They say he was making weapons for a sorcerer. They're charging him with treason!" She sniffed, hiding herself in Aurora's arms as she looked up at her brother.

"It's alright," The witch whispered words of comfort in her ear, "We'll keep him safe."

Merlin insisted on the four of them visiting Tom in his cell, and nobody had any complaints as Aurora hurried after a desperate Gwen, followed by her brother and Gaius. Gwen had gone in alone, leaving the witch and Merlin to stare at each other.

Seemingly communicating without words, Gaius looked between the two in confusion.

"Is there something I'm missing, or are you two just enjoying your rather similar features?" The man asked, causing the two to jump slightly. Aurora let slip a smile as she shook her head, Gwen returning to join them.