⭐️17| lancelot and guinevere

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora checked her horse, tightening the saddle as Morgana situated herself on her own horse. Bells rung overhead, yet they were faint, and Aurora glanced back at Arthur as he stepped back from Morgana's horse.

She gave a small smile, and he returned it. Gwen sat on her own horse beside Aurora's, and the witch hoisted herself up, resting her cloak behind her. She discreetly checked her waist to make sure her sword was strapped to her.

"I hope your trip isn't too upsetting." Arthur said, and Morgana smiled.

"Thank you, Arthur."

Three knights surrounded them, and Arthur called instructions to them all before they set off through the gates of Camelot. Aurora dared a glance backwards, cheeks flushing when she noticed Arthur's gaze already on her.

"Rora!"

The witch looked up into the window of Gaius' house, a wide smile crossing her face when she noticed Merlin's body half-hanging out of the window. He was waving frantically with both arms. Gaius stood beside him, dodging the warlock's arms.

"I'll miss you! I love you!" He screamed, causing all heads to look up at him. Aurora shook her head with a grin. Trust Merlin to always be the centre of attention.

"Don't forget to clean Gaius' leech tank! I love you too!" She shouted back, causing Merlin's arms to fall as Gaius smirked, dragging the boy back inside of their house. She laughed, Gwen riding beside her with a smile.

"He really is a sweetheart." Gwen giggled and Aurora nodded as the two fell into step behind Morgana's horse.

"He's definitely something." Aurora replied, and the girls shared a laugh.

The path was just wide enough for all three horses to ride together. Aurora strayed to the left, leaving Morgana in the centre. Behind them, a clump of knights marched with their spears held high.

"You look troubled, Aurora." Morgana noted, and the witch turned to her with a confused face.

"I'm fine, Morgana."

"You're very secretive these days. Gwen's seen it too."

Aurora leaned forward to fix her gaze on Gwen, and the girl shrugged. Morgana laughed, and the witch sat straight in her saddle again.

"I'm beginning to think there's a man involved." Gwen agreed, and Aurora scoffed with a laugh.

"Okay, okay, one, when do I get to meet any decent men? And two, as if I'd be in a mood because of a man." She retorted, and the other women giggled together.

Shouting filled the air, causing Aurora to look up in fear. Men from each side raced down from the hills, wielding weapons that they waved around their heads. The knights unsheathed their swords, yet there were too many men, and the most of them were cut down.