⭐️5| lancelot

♤♡◇♧

♤♡◇♧

Aurora glared at the back of Merlin's head as he knelt down to pick the mushrooms Gaius had asked for. She had been carrying the basket the entire way, getting heavier and heavier as things were added. The warlock smiled, watching his sister from the corner of his eye. A loud shriek echoed through the air, and the basket dropped from Aurora's hands as a large creature raced towards them. The witch took a second to examine the creature before Merlin was dragging her away, hand tightening around her wrist.

The pair stumbled away, feet slipping on the damp leaves as Merlin fell to the ground, pulling his sister with him. Aurora lunged forward, blocking her brother from the creature's incoming attack. The boy wrapped an arm around his sister's waist, clenching his eyes shut as she lifted an arm to protect herself.

Then came a shout as a man leapt forward. The sound of his sword caused Aurora to breathe a sigh of relief. The man jumped at the creature, slashing his weapon in it's face. The witch quickly climbed to her feet, pulling Merlin behind her as the man's sword shattered when it hit the creature's skin. He dropped the remains, spinning on his heel as he yelled for the two to run. He grabbed Merlin's arm, helping him along.

The three raced through the trees, Aurora silently thanking the ribbon tied tightly in her hair. They jumped over a fallen tree, collapsing to their knees as the creature rushed out from the underbrush. Aurora held her breath, panting as the creature took off into the air. The witch noticed the man resting his hand on his lower stomach, and she frowned.

"It's gone." Merlin sighed, giving Aurora a once over to check for injuries, "You saved our lives. I'm Merlin."

He reached his hand out to shake the man's.

"Lancelot." He replied, resting his head back on the bark of the tree as he lost consciousness.

"He's hurt. Let's get him back to Gaius." Merlin pointed out the obvious and Aurora rolled her eyes, nodding in agreement.

Aurora sat on the opposite side of the two males, trying to avoid looking at Lancelot's revealed skin.

"The wound itself is superficial. The fever will pass. He should be fine by the morning." Gaius said, replacing the bandages on his stomach. Aurora placed a damp rag on his forehead.

"Ever since I was a child, I've dreamed for coming here. It is my life's ambition to join the Knights of Camelot." Lancelot stared out of the small window in the sibling's bedroom, glancing back at them as he told his story.

"I know what you're thinking," He continued, stepping towards the two, "I expect too much. Afterall, who am I? They have their pick of the best and bravest in the land."

Aurora rolled her eyes, thinking Lancelot was very... attention seeking. Merlin didn't seem to notice, and only fed the man's desires.

"Lancelot?" He asked, and the man turned back to face the siblings.