Chapter 3

Meredith's POV:

It is Thursday, my final day in Seattle, my final day in my home, the last day with the people who are more like family to me than my real family was. I still haven't told Derek but I don't have to worry about that because I'm giving him a letter well Cristina is physically giving him the letter but still I'm planning to somewhat tell him.

The house is all packed up and ready to be moved to Michigan, I thought it would be nice and let Izzie and George live here except they are yet to know. Everything was ready I just had to go to the hospital and hand in my forms.

//

I walked into the hospital and for once people weren't staring at me they were staring and whispering about someone else's love life for a change which I didn't mind at all, well that was until I saw who they were whispering about. 

It was Derek he was talking to Addison's belly..... 

Oh god, she must be pregnant!

//
I started hyperventilating I rushed into the storage closet and I could feel the panic attack starting I was sobbing, he got both of us knocked up but the only difference was that he loves Addison and knows about their baby, whereas he doesn't love me and doesn't know about the baby. I have decided that I'm not going to tell him he can't choose between which kid he wants more that isn't fair to him or the babies.

I thought I was alone in the storage closet but then a voice started speaking.
"Um excuse me Dr. Grey are you alright?"
I didn't know this doctor she must be another intern I was yet to meet.
"Um, yeah I'm fine just a bit overwhelmed." I lied through my teeth I couldn't possibly tell her my life story not here not today.

"Oh okay if you need anyone I'm here, I'm Clarie Davis by the way."
" Meredith Grey, nice to met you."
Clarie then left and I was alone but I couldn't cry here and not when I'm supposed to be starting fresh today. And nothing and nobody is going to change that for me, not even Derek Shepherd.

//
I put myself together and walked towards Richards office to hand in my signed papers, he wasn't in his office so I gave them to his secretary. But on my way out I saw Addison and Derek being all lovey-dovey it made me sick to my stomach or maybe this little fetus didn't like how he didn't choose me either. But before Derek could see me I rushed towards my car so I can drive to the airport to start my new life as Doctor Meredith Grey not broken Meredith Grey everyone seems to think I am but I'm not I'm a freaking warrior.

Derek's POV:
I'm over the moon! Addison and I are going to be parents but I'm not sure why but I just can't shake this uneasy feeling that something is wrong, must just be my father's instincts kicking in but seriously I can't believe I'm going to be a father.

I was talking to Addison when I saw Mer she wasn't in her scrubs which was odd as I thought she was working all week up until tomorrow but I thought I would just ask her about it later today before I could even get a chance to talk to her she was already gone so much for that idea. So I went back to focusing my attention on Addison and our future child.

//

Meredith's POV:

By the time I had reached home I had to leave again to catch my flight, from today's events I know that I needed to leave. Seattle just isn't my home anymore and hasn't been for a while now and no matter how much I wish it was it isn't that easy, Derek has moved on and now I have to move on too, if not for me then for my unborn child.

//

Cristina had agreed to drop me off at the airport, this was our last goodbye, for now, she said she won't tell anyone anything until I'm was ready for her too. It felt kinda surreal although we hadn't known each other for as long as we anticipated we were each other's persons and we promised we would talk every day and she will fly to Michigan and help me with the fetus once they are born. 

"Mer! I'm here you ready?"

"Yup let me get my bags."

" Jesus Mer you can't carry those heavy things!"

"Cris I'm pregnant, not incapable. Let's go I need to get away from here, no offense."

" None taken, I understand kind of."

Just like that, we were off on our way to the airport and it was like fate knew this would be the last time in a while that we would see each other because just as we got into the car our favorite song came on the radio. We blasted the speakers and started singing our hearts out to "Where did the good go" this exactly how I pictured saying goodbye to Cristina.

Cristina's POV:

I couldn't believe that this day was finally here the day we say goodbye. Mer has been through some tough shit recently so I'm glad she is putting herself first but god I'll miss her...

I'm dreading giving the letter to Derek tomorrow I know his heart will break once he reads it. Once he finds out he is expecting yet another child but with a different woman, and that Mer has left. Boy, I wonder how Addison would react, now that is an argument I need to see for myself- I mean Mer yup for Meredith's sake.

Meredith's POV:

 I'm about to board my plane and I can't stop thinking about how Derek will react to the news, but I know I'm doing what is best after all he is with his wife who is expecting a child together. And I am with well no one except for the little fetus growing inside me, I really hope it's a girl!

Chapter 3! thank you so much for reading this it means a lot to me! And I hope you like this chapter it isn't my best work but I hope I'm improving. As usual, if you have any advice etc leave it in the comments.

Also, comment if you want it to be a boy or girl.

Have a great day!

-Cerys