Chapter 27

Derek's POV:

Everything went so fast, first I was saying goodbye to Meredith in the morning and now Meredith is in the E.R fighting for her life.

*Rewind an hour before*

Izzie's POV:

"CRISTINA GET ME A GURNEY! SHE'S LOSING HER PULSE!"

Everything is happening so fast and I can't process it all, Meredith our friend is barely holding on and could die and we may be too late to help her. I knew we should have looked for it earlier but no one listened to me.

"Izzie why do you need a gur- is that Meredith?"

"Yea it's her, she is barely conscious and has a low pulse page everyone and anyone to meet us in the E.R."

"O-okay I'll page them now but I'll help you get her on the gurney."

I can't believe that Meredith is lying on the gurney covered in cuts and bruises and we don't know what had happened to her.

Cristina's POV:

My person.

My ride or die.

My partner in crime.

Is lying on the ground bleeding out and all I can think of is whether or not we got to her in time and if she is going to die. I knew it was all very suspicious with her bag and belongings scattered across the ground and then Izzie found her holding onto life by a single thread. We need to get her into the O.R asap. God knows how long she has been outside for broken, and bleeding and waiting for someone to find her, and now we may have been too late. I can't lose my person I'm not ready, not today she needs to live Eliza and Amelia need their mother and Derek needs his Meredith and I need my person.

//

Derek's POV:

We still haven't found Meredith yet and it's getting to the point where we are considering filing a missing person report to the police, I'm trying really hard not to break down in front of Alex but I can't keep the act up anymore.

"Guys what if we don't find Meredith, what if she is someone really hurt or worse dead and we don't know what if-"

Alex- "Dude, knowing Meredith she will be found, alive and well and come back soon she won't leave her kids or you on purpose. She will be fine she is Meredith Freaking Grey.'

After my not-so-manly moment, Alex and I begin to walk back to the intern's locker hoping she might have turned up and then we turn and see O'Malley running towards us.

"Guys, have you checked your pages? It's Meredith- she's in the pit we need to get down there now apparently it doesn't look too good."

"She- she is in the E.R?"

I start to run as fast as my legs will take me to the E.R the love of my life is injured and I spent time doing surgery instead of looking for her.

No-one's POV:

Webber: "Okay everyone, this is one of our people here if you can't handle working this case I suggest you leave now. I want you mentally and emotionally to prepare yourselves for the state of injuries you will see and how beaten Meredith looks. Once again if you are family or can not commit fully to this patient then leave now."

No one left the room not even Derek and Lexie despite the objections from the other doctors they weren't planning on leaving Meredith's side.

Bailey: "I may be wrong but it seems that there is some internal bleeding so I need a portable ultrasound in here NOW!"

Mark: "It seems she has a broken jaw and some hearing loss I need to fix this as soon as we can."

Callie: "Okay, it looks like she has a dislocation in her elbow and broken leg and arm so we need to go to surgery soon Hunt."

Nelson: "She has some head trauma nothing more than a grade 2 concussion but I want a head C.T to be sure, page me when you need me."

Derek: "Mark? What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in L.A with Addison and with a kid?"

Mark: I'll explain everything but first we need to take Meredith to surgery so please take yourself to the waiting room.

//

Lexie's POV:
This doesn't seem real, I just got to know my sister we had finally started to form a relationship and now she is here lying on an exam table with multiple serious injuries and probably needing many surgeries to fix everything.

"I'm sorry, I thought I could handle this but I think I need to go get some air."

I was making my way outside to try and calmed myself down and I was met with a doctor sitting by himself on the bench.

"Hi I'm Lexie Grey I haven't seen you already before are you new?"

"You could say that, I'm Mark Sloan I take your the sister of Meredith who I'm operating on?"

"Yea I am, how is she? Do you think she will make it?"

" We are hopeful that she will, I best get going to scrub in it was nice meeting you Lexie."

//
*surgery completed with no complications*
Derek's POV:
All of this stress and uncertainty is making me freak out, I don't know what is happening with my wife, I had to her Izzie and Alex to look after the twins they must be freaking out, they haven't seen their parents for now nearly 24 hours.

If anything from this accident has made me realise is that life is too short to not tell someone you love them, or how much you care for them and it has become more clearer than ever that when Meredith recovers I am going to propose. She is the love of my life and I don't want to spend another day without her. So I'm going to ask her to marry me.

Bailey: " Derek, She is out of surgery and in the icu. She won't be able to hear you or talk so we suggest you bring a whiteboard with you it's going to be a while before she wakes up, so go home and cuddle your girls."

"Thank you Bailey it means a lot ai just wish we could have found her sooner."

" I know we all do."

Meredith is going to be okay.
We're going to be okay.
We are in this together, no running.

Hi everyone! So this chapter kind of has heaps of things happening, I really wanted Mark to come back so I'll do a storyline with that because I want slexie to get a happy ending. And Derek wants to propose 😁😁😁😁
And Meredith has been found!
I hope you liked this chapter and if you did don't forget to vote, if you have any feedback or ideas let me know. Sorry for any grammar and speeding mistakes once again Grammarly isn't by my side today 😂 any way
Have a great day
-Cerys