Chapter 4

Meredith's POV:
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm leaving Seattle, like I knew I was but I guess it just hadn't sinked in yet.
The plane ride is not that long so I plan to get some sleep before my life becomes crazy, and maybe if I have time catch up on some Criminal minds. I stared out the window as we took off and thought to myself, this is it, this is when your life starts.
*end of flight*
I made it. I'm in Michigan the place where it all begins, where my child will grow up where I will thrive as a surgeon, I might even get broad certified in Neuro I guess we will have to wait and see.
I drive to my new house, it's truly beautiful it has a white exterior with some grey brick wood outside along with it, and is  very warm and welcoming on the inside, with raised ceilings and open planning perfect for raising a family.

//

*time jump to the next day*

Derek's POV:
I'm looking forward to talking to Mer today, I really need to tell her how sorry I am and that I never meant to hurt her and I really hope she forgives me or at the very least we become friends again, I miss her.
It is a slow day at the hospital but you never dare say those words out loud, as you will jinx yourself as soon as you do. And sure enough a mass trauma comes in, we had to page everybody but I'm yet to see Meredith anywhere, I try to be optimistic that she is just in a surgery.

I had to operate on many brain bleeds and do multiple craniotomies and there was even a piece of glass stuck in a dudes brain! So that was a really fun and exciting surgery and just the high I needed right before I see Mer.

//
*later in the evening, still Derek's pov:

I still haven't seen Meredith all day today I thought she would have at least scrubbed in on some surgeries but clearly not. My shift was just finishing and I over heard a conversation between Addison and Mark.

A- Mark we can't tell him, he is so excited for this baby it would break his heart and I just got him back. Please Mark,
M- Addi, we both know that we have to tell him he isn't he father, we can't lie to him and make him believe he has a kid when he doesn't.
A- Mark not yet, he can't know that the baby belongs to you.

WHAT! I'm not the father! MARK WHAT THE FUCK! You were suppose to be my best friend and you sleep with my wife twice but not only that, YOU GET HER FUCKING KNOCKED UP! And make me think the baby is mine, that is bull that is bull! AND WE ARE GETTING A DIVORCE! 

I was furious I couldn't look at either of them that was the last straw, I could no longer be with Addison. I knew it for a while now that I still loved Mer but I had to at least try to save this marriage, before I could do anything rash but I've had enough of Addison treating me like crap.

Cristina's POV:
I was filling out the finals charts I had to do before I had to give life changing news to Derek but I was interrupted by my thoughts by an argument, ooooo I need to get on this gossip.

WHAT! I'm not the father! MARK WHAT THE FUCK! You were suppose to be my best friend and you sleep with my wife twice but not only that, YOU GET HER FUCKING KNOCKED UP! And make me think the baby is mine, that is bull that is bull! AND WE ARE GETTING A DIVORCE! 

All you could hear was Derek yelling, although he is an ass I did still sympathise for him. I decided to text Mer what is happening and if she still wants to go along with the plan or not.

Meredith's POV:
I was unpacking some boxes when I got a text from Cristina and what she told me was quit shocking.

C- Mer! You wouldn't believe what just happened!!!!
M- Go on.....
C- so basically Derek over heard Mark and Addison talking and then all over a sudden Derek blew off at them because, get this the baby isn't Derek's it is Mark's! And Derek left probs to get divorce papers, so the only baby mama in his life is you. That is if you still want him to find out. So do you want the plan to go ahead?
M- Woah Cris that's a lot of information to process.... I guess I do still want him to know, so give him the letter. I thought Addi being pregnant was a bit odd considering she and Derek weren't together, well I guess we now know why.
C- yup but why as soon as you leave drama begins  but I love it, so I'm not complaining I live for this kind of stuff. Anyway I've got to go and be you now bye love you x
M- love you Cris keep me updated x

Woah I can't believe this Derek isn't the father of Addison's kid...
God what I have done I just left and now he may be getting divorced and he is about to find out I'm pregnant and he won't know where I am. Maybe I shouldn't tell him.
M- Cris, give him the non baby letter I'm not ready for him to know.
C- ummm sure....

Just as Cristina replied to me  I got another message but this time from.... Derek out of everyone it could have been.

D- Mer it's Derek where are you? Are you serious that you left. Did you leave because of me? Where are you? I need to talk to you. Mer please
*read*
Crap he knows and now I'm stuck maybe he will just forget that I told him... yeah like Derek Shepherd the best brain surgeon would forget that I moved away and won't be coming back any time soon.

*before the text messages*

Cristina's POV:
It has reached 7 and I now had to break Derek's heart. I walked into Joes there he was sitting at the bar being all gloomy, this news will either brighten his day or break him even further.

"Um hey Derek"

"Hey Cristina do you know where Mer is she was suppose to meet me like half an hour ago."

 Before I could give him the letter Mer messaged saying to give him the non baby one. I had to quickly swap the letters before I gave him the wrong one.

" yea um about that she said she is sorry and wanted me to give you this."

* hands him the letter*

You could tell buy him reading the letter he was devastated, his so called love of his life has left. out of the blue and he doesn't even know he  has a future child on the way.

Hehe I'm going to do Derek's pov next chapter including what the letter says. And I'm not sure if I want mer to come back or not 🤷‍♀️. But anyway thank you for all the love you are giving to my stories I am so grateful! As usual any ideas etc leave in comments 🙂. Also the picture of the house is of Pinterest :).

Have a great day
-Cerys