Chapter 7

So I just realized all the bad grammar in my last chapter so sorry about that!

Derek's POV:

I'm - I'm going to be a dad?

I- can't believe this Meredith is pregnant and didn't tell me, better yet it seems like she wasn't going to "tell" me if I didn't find this letter I may have never found out. My  first instinct was to call her to get to the bottom of where she is and why she didn't tell me sooner but I also need to tell her that I love her and that I want to raise these baby or babies together.

//

I rang her phone many times and each time it said that the number was disconnected which lead to my conclusion that she have gotten a new phone number and the only possible person who would have it is Cristina. Her person, her twisted sister.
//

*the next day*

Cristina's POV:

I had just finished a 10-hour surgery when I saw Derek and then I remembered that he must know about the baby and now I'm going to have to tell him everything that I'm allowed to tell him of course, out of respect for Mer.

"Cristina. May I please talk to you? Now."

"Um sure Der- Dr. Shepred"

"I know you and Meredith are very close, and that she would have told you about the baby because well you were the one who had the letter but all I ask from you is her phone number and if you would tell me that she is safe. Please, Cristina."

"Listen, Derek, I wish I could tell you everything I know but you and I both know that I am loyal to Meredith and what she wants that includes how much she wants me to tell you. What I can tell you though is that she 10 to nearly 11 weeks along, she has plans for the nursery she is very happy and looking forward to find out the gender, and Derek I have a photo of the ultra-sound."

"Can-can I see it?"

"Um, yea but you can't tell people she is pregnant only you and I know  that live in Seattle and it is going to stay the way.
*shows ultrasound*"

"It's so small and cute, please can I have her number she still thinks that I love Addison but I don't. Cristina please."

"I'm sorry Derek, I've already told you more than I should have."

And like that the conversation ended, I left the room. I do feel for Derek he has a child he knows about but can't see because Mer is too stubborn to see that he loves her and only her.

//

*time jump to 12 weeks*

Mer's POV:

I'm starting to show a little bit of a bump, and today we find out the gender and I just can't wait because if I'm being honest I never really thought this would be how my life turned out and I'm still not sure if I will be a good mother because I didn't grow up with that type of role model but I'll try my absolute best for the fetus.

Cristina is flying in today and I'm so excited to see her, I've missed her so much, sure I have made some new friends like Caitlin and Issac but no offense but they don't compare to what Cristina and I have we are the twisted sisters, through thick and thin oh god that sounded so cheesy I'm becoming all bright and shiny what has Michigan done to me.

And then I saw her my person!

"Cris!"

"Mer! woah you look great since the last time I saw you, you seem all bright and shiny, unlike some people I have had to be around recently. God, he is so sad we should have called him McDeary."

"Hey we had a rule no talking about Derek while you are here, so want to go get a bite to eat, this fetus is craving a bagel with pesto."

"Sure, Mer let's go."

Cristina's POV:
I honestly just wish Meredith would get off her high horse and tell Derek and everyone else where she is, I'm getting constant questions which I can't answer and it's killing me. As we left the airport I noticed Mer was zoning out and I bet if I ask she will say she is "fine" so I ask her anyway.

"Hey mer are you alright?"
"Yea. I'm okay I'm just thinking."
" Mer you know you can talk to me."
"I know it's just, what if I'm not a good mum and I know I should tell Derek where I am but, I just can't some part of me is still hurt."

Then she started crying I'm not good with emotions I normally just bottle mine up.

"Hey I know what can cheer you up. Let's go to the ultra sound."
"Oh my god yes please let's go!"

//

Meredith's POV:
Cristina and I walked into the hospital which I happen to work so I saw Caitlin, and gave her a hug and introduced her to Cristina and I knew Cris was jealous it was funny though seeing her all upset and jealous about me having more friends.
We made our way there and waited for Dr. Smith to come in, 10 minutes passed and we were called in.

"Good afternoon, Meredith it is so nice to see you again you know the drill I'll be back in a few."

I got changed and was ready to see the fetus and I knew that it would cheer me up.

"Already Meredith and-"
" I'm Cristina, her best friend and support system nice to meet you."

Of course Cristina would make a introduction so extra 🙄.

"Alrighty then let's get started as you know this is going to be cold."

She squirted the gel and began the ultra sound, I was so excited because I haven't seen the fetus in so long.

" Okay, so I see you have been taking your medication and vitamins but your blood pressure is still higher than I would like so I need to you to watch that, now onto the baby okay so I'm getting two very strong heartbeats."

" um excuse me two heartbeats?"

Both Cristina and I were shocked not only did Derek get me knocked up he got me doubled knocked up.

"Yes Meredith it looks like you having non-identical twins congratulations.

Okay so I decided for Mer to have twins because I couldn't decided between what idea I wanted more. Also tell me if you like this name if it a girl: annaleise
Thank you everyone for all the love and support you have shown me it literally makes my day.
Have a great day!
-Cerys