Chapter 13

*Disclaimer* So I know in the pictures bailey is in but obviously, they don't have twins in the show so I'm just putting pictures of Bailey's and Ellis's birth hope that is okay!*

Derek's POV:

As I watched Meredith sleep I couldn't help but think about how perfect my life has become I have two beautiful baby girls and hopefully, Mer and I can have a fresh start and become more than friends.

I was so caught up with staring at my favorite girls I forgot all about ringing ma and telling her the news, but how do I tell her?  yea so I got Meredith knocked up she then left for 7 months and only came back to see me make sure I'm not dead, and then her waters broke but basically what I'm trying to say is I am a father to two cute girls. Yea right cause like there would be an easier way to tell her.

//

*phone call*

C- Derek! I haven't heard from you in a while how is everything?

D- Hi ma, yea sorry about that but actually something life-changing happened quite recently.

C- other than you getting shot?

D- Yes but this is a much happier thing but once I tell you the whole story the only person you should be mad at is me not Mer but you have full permission to be pissed at Addison.

C- Derek Christopher Shepherd just spit it out I'm not getting any younger!

D- okay here it goes. So as you know Addison is expecting but it turned out the baby was not mine it was Mark's their affair was still ongoing, well soon after I divorced Addison, I received a letter from Meredith saying that she had moved away and is pregnant with my child, as you can imagine I was very shocked and thrilled anyway-

C- Derek this better be a happy ending 

D- I'm getting there before you interrupted me. As I was saying 7 months had passed and yesterday she arrived in Seattle to see if I wasn't dead and all that and we were having a conversation and her waters broke and she had an emergency C-section and we welcomed two beautiful girls, Eliza Ellis Grey-Shepherd and Amelia Jade Grey-Shepherd so basically I wanted to call you to let you know that you're a grandmother again and I would really appreciate it if you told the rest of the herd, I just need to focus on the girls getting out of the NICU and getting Mer to trust me again and become more than friends.

C- Derek. This is a lot of information to process but please tell me that I can fly down to meet the girls?

D-Of course ma I'm not sure when that will be, of course,  I will need to talk to Mer about it. OH she is waking up I need to go now bye ma and I am going to be discharged soon.

C- Bye Derek be safe I love you

D- Love you too

//

Mer's POV:

I was awakened by Derek's voice I was still a bit groggy so I couldn't make out everything he was saying but I did hear him say something about Eliza and Amelia and then ending the conversation with a "bye ma." 

Damn he must have told his mother about me god she is going to think I'm a slut and that I won't be able to take care of my kids, this is just great I can't see my kids because they are in the NICU, Derek was shot and now McMother is going to think that all I do is sleep around then get knocked up great just great.

//

"Derek, who were you talking to?"

"Just my mum she wants to come and visit and meet the twins but I said I will talk to you about it first."

"She thinks I'm a slut, doesn't she? Nancy already does so this will just prove her point."

"God, Mer no she doesn't no one does Nancy is just a bitch don't listen to her, but Mer please don't think these types of things about yourself because I love you and you're perfect inside and out. And I hope once you are ready we can try again."

"I'm sorry Derek, I've been such a burden on you but if you would accept for how I am and don't expect me to change I would love to give us another chance, that is if you still want me?"

"Of course I want you Mer, I've wanted you forever since the day we met, I just got blinded by Addison's manipulative ways but I promise I will love you, Eliza, and Amelia with my whole heart until the day I die and that's a promise and will never leave you. I love you, Meredith Grey."

These were the only words that I needed to hear from him the fact that he loves me and the girls and won't be leaving us anytime soon.

//

*Time jump to discharge day*

Derek's POV:

I'm so excited to bring Mer and the girls home we can finally be one big happy family living under one roof. Mer and I discussed last week that we should move in together so the girls have some sort of stability growing up and I wouldn't have it any other way, it means I get to see my three favorite women every day.

//

We are finally home and I can tell Mer is nervous although she didn't tell me I know it's like I have a Meredith radar for when she isn't "happy" but I knew it would be a mistake if I asked her because she would just reply with the common "I'm fine" when we both know she isn't fine.

We made our way upstairs to "show" the girl's bedroom and I must say I outdid myself with the decorating I mean seriously it is quite spectacular. Okay so maybe that part was a lie Mer did all the planning I just put it together..... it was a team effort, yea team effort.

Meredith's POV:

I am a bit nervous to bring the girls home because of all the possible outcomes it could have or all the possible injuries that could occur, it's kinda freaking me out.

//

Derek and I walked up the stairs towards the girl's room and as we entered I was so shocked as I hadn't seen the room yet and I was so happy it was perfect.

"It looks beautiful Derek."

"I know we plan nurseries quite well, you never know if surgery doesn't work out we can make this a living.

Look Eliza that's your side of the room and Amelia this is your side of the room, now we trust that you won't spend all night keeping us awake or that you spend all the night talking to each other"

Standing here next to Derek and with Eliza and Amelia, I knew this is what I wanted for the rest of my life and for nothing to change.

End of Chapter 13! And OMG thank you soooooo much for over 1k reads I honestly can't believe I've gotten this many reads I wasn't even expecting 1 read if I'm being honest so 1k means so much to me! As always leave feedback etc in the comments :)

Have a great day!

-Cerys