Chapter 18

Meredith's POV:

I stared at the board contemplating whether I should go into the O.R and see if it really is my half-sister but it wasn't long before I saw the confirmation I needed for it to be true. Sitting in the waiting room was my Molly coffee in her hand and the other comforting a male who had clearly been crying along with her, he must be her husband.

I was standing a fair distance away so I could at least see what my life could have been if he had stayed or taken me with him but deep down I knew I would never get that feeling but I know that I never want my two girls to ever go through something so traumatic as Derek leaving them, it would truly break them like it did me and will take years to glue the pieces back together again.

I'm not sure how long I had been standing at the board for but I knew it must have been a while as Derek had finished the surgery and was on his way to tell the family, my family how Lexie was doing but as much as I would have liked to I couldn't walk over there, my "sister" has probably forgotten that her father he had a third daughter a daughter who was standing meters away from him, wanting to be his little girl again and apart of theirsfamily.

//

Derek's POV:

As I  operate on what is Mer's half-sister I couldn't help but wonder what must be going through her head one minute she was excited to come back to work after having the twins and now she has possibly discovered that she has a whole another family she didn't know about probably didn't know about her, god all I want to do is find her and hug her but first I have to save her sister so they at least get the chance to know each other.

The hours passed and I have successfully saved Lexie Grey's life and now I need to tell her family which is also Meredith's family. I walked into the waiting room and was automatically greeted by 2 pairs of eyes waiting to hear if their daughter and sister pulled through, you could see the hope and despair all mixed into one emotion.

"Good Afternoon, I'm Dr. Shepherd and I was one of the doctors that operated on your daughter and I'm can happily say that she made it through the surgeries she is very weak at the moment, and we don't know when she will wake up but we are hopeful she will make a full recovery. I can have a nurse take you to her room. Do you have any questions?"

A young woman I presume her sister then spoke up and said something I wasn't expecting.

"well thank you, doctor, for everything it means the world to us that you saved our little girl, it's just a shame her first day working here started off like this."

"She works here?"

"Well, we have a sister who works here who we are yet to see, but she has wanted to be a doctor since we were little and it's truly amazing to see her begin her career but she was on her way to begin her internship and well you know her chart."

My heart broke for my potential sister-in-law that her first day started so horrifically.

//

Meredith's POV:

Derek has been talking to my so-called family for a while now and I'm starting to think that Lexie could have died and I would have never had the chance to meet her. I stood at the O.R board frozen waiting for any sign that she was still alive, it wasn't till Derek walked away I finally saw the answer I was looking for they were all hugging and smiling she must have pulled through, but I can't go to her room because she doesn't know me.

"Meredith!"

Cristina was running at lightning speed to me and before I could even reply she was standing in front of me.

"Yea Cris, is everything alright?"

"Well everything thing with me is great but what's up with you? You have been standing at the O.R board for the last hour not moving or saying a word, are you going into the dark and twisty place?"

"Well, you see that family over there, well that's my family my half-sister and he kid, and her husband they are here because my other sister got into an accident. And to top it off they most likely don't even know I exist and work at the very hospital she is admitted in, I just hope bailey doesn't put me on her case."

"Sounds like you need some tequila tonight."

"I would love some tequila but I can't as I have the twins but maybe a coffee tomorrow?"

"Sounds like a plan let's get going, I want to see my favorite goddaughters."

"They're your only goddaughters."

//

Derek's POV:

I walked away from Meredith's "family" and began to frantically search for her to tell her that she has a family that very much is going to work here soon and I would hate for her to find out through the gossiping nurses.

I searched the intern lockers, no trace I then moved to the pit, and yet I saw no trace of Mer I couldn't think of where she would be beside the tunnels but then it hit me her shift would have ended and she would be picking the twins up and taking them home so I ran all the way to the daycare.

"Meredith I need to talk to you it's urgent."

Thank you so much for 3k reads on this story it means the world to me! Also, I hope you like this chapter and don't worry Lexie and Mer won't hate each other but it may not start off so smoothly. Don't forget to vote/ comment and if you have any ideas for future chapters or any advice let me know :)

Have a great day!

-Cerys