Chapter 11

Derek's POV:

I couldn't believe how much my life had changed in a matter of hours, the love of my life had come back to Seattle and now we are welcoming our twin girls into the world. Of course, them being born this early is starting to freak me out a bit, but I know they will be fighters because they have Meredith as their mother.

//

Meredith's POV:

I can't believe it! I'm back in Seattle, Derek said he loves me and the girls decided to make their appearance today, the day Derek confessed his love to me. This may seem crazy but he is making me fall head over heels over him again, and that is the whole reason I didn't want to come back because I knew once he gave his McDreamy smile I would fall into his trance again.

Eventually, a nurse came to Derek's room and wheeled us both to the O.B floor to welcome our sweet baby girls.

Derek's POV:

As we were being wheeled to the other floor,  I couldn't stop thinking about how this is exactly how I pictured my life with Meredith. Although we aren't married heck we aren't even dating yet but that won't stop me from loving her for the rest of my life.

Meredith was now 10cm dilated and the time had come to welcome our girls into the world.

//

Meredith's POV:

"Afternoon, Meredith I understand that this wasn't how you pictured your birth would go so let's see how dilated you are and if you can push." 

.....

"Okay, Meredith I need you not to push okay? I'm seeing face presentation so we need to get you to an O.R, to prep for a c-section."

I can't believe I have to have surgery I can't have surgery I don't want surgery.

"Derek-  I don't want surgery."

"I know Mer, but if you don't have a C the babies will be at risk and you will put yourself at risk too okay? Do it for them to bring them into this world safely."

Damn it! He always says the right thing, urgh god bless his Mcdreaminess.

"Okay, I'll have the surgery."

"Great, I'll go get the O.R prepped."

I'm really scared what if something goes or one of the babies isn't healthy enough or-.

"Mer, stop panicking everything will be okay, the girls will be taken to the NICU and everything will be okay, no need to panic."

How does he do what to do, how does he know I was freaking out and still manage to calm me down.

//

*time jump to when they are in the O.R*

Still Mer's POV:

"The first baby is out and it's a girl! With lots of hair!"

"Just like her father," I smirked at Derek 

They had decided that it was alright to let him in the O.R  as he is so close to being discharged anyway and I wouldn't have it any other way.

*2 minutes later*

"Baby b is out!"

*silence*

"Derek, why isn't she crying? why can't I hear her crying?!"

I began to freak out which led to my heart monitor going off like crazy which then led to panicked looks from the nurses.

"Meredith, the babies will be fine I have a very good team with them now making sure everything is where it should be for 28 weeks, now I need you to calm down so I can finish the c-section and get you both to your rooms. Understood?"

Although those words did help a smidge my nerves were still high and I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad will happen to my sweet girls.

"Derek, will you go with them please?"

"Of course Mer, as soon as you are in your room we can talk about names."

Derek began to lean down and kiss me on the head and it made my whole body tingle I began to realize that I missed him, every part of him his hair, and his smile. God, I miss every damn thing about him.

//

Derek's POV:

I began to follow the nurses to the NICU, I was still yet to get a glimpse of either baby but luckily baby b began to cry after they had cleared her airways which would also put Mer's mind at ease.

After they settled the twins into the NICU, I finally got to look at them. They were both so beautiful one with blonde hair and the other will black hair, both absolutely and equally stunning. I could not have asked for anything more perfect, now we just need them to grow and get more healthy and healthy enough for us to take them home. wherever that may be, I am willing to move to Michigan if that is where Mer wants to be.

//

I walked into Mer's room and she was sitting up and talking to Cristina.

Mer- "I don't know Cristina, I might come back to Seattle it's where Derek is and although we aren't together they can't live without a father."

Cristina- "Are you sure that is the only reason? it won't be because I don't know you're still in  love with Derek and never stopped loving him?"

Mer- "Even if I did still love him, he hurt me and I hurt him that is all we do we hurt each other and I don't know if I would be able to survive if he hurts me again Cris."

Cristina- "I know but if it helps I don't think he will, I've seen the way he has been worried about you and the girls for the past 7 months and how much his face lit up when he saw you, Mer he is in love with you and I don't think he would do anything to harm you or the girls."

Mer- "I know it's just hard to forget that I wasn't his first choice, and I guess I will always wonder if he would only  be with me because of the kids."

I couldn't take it any more hearing Mer think so badly of herself and thinking that I will only be with her because of the girls.

//

Meredith's POV: 

I was dying for Derek to come back with an update on the twins and pictures I already have some names in mind that I like but of course, now that Derek is in the picture he gets a say too.

"Mer, I'm back."

"I'll leave you two to talk, bye Mer."

"Bye Cris come back later to see the twins."

"Of course! After all, I am their Godmother."

//

"Derek....."

"Yea?"

"How are they? Are they crying are they healthy what do they look like?"

"Mer. calm down they are both doing good and they are absolutely stunning just like their mother."

"Well don't just stand there, come sit down and show me the pictures."

//

"Derek they are beautiful."

"They are Meredith, you did good."

"We did good, Derek I have some ideas for names."

Chapter 11 done and dusted and the girls have made their arrivals! Okay so I really need a name for baby girl B but I can't think of anything so please if you can your ideas are very much welcomed. 

And OMG thank you for all the reads, comments, and votes it actually means sooooooooo much to me you have no idea!

hope you have a great day!

Leave comments, advice ideas anything really in the comments :)

-Cerys