Chapter 21

Derek's POV:

After hearing Meredith relay her story to be the first thing I thought was why she went to her father's house, why did she want to see her father after he killed a dozen people but I couldn't tell Mer what I was feeling because I know she would be feeling 100 times worse.

"You- you went to Thatcher's house and saw Molly?"

"Uh yeah, I did I kinda forgot that he was in  prison so I want to talk to him but you know tried to me and all that."

"Mer, you know dangerous that could have been if he was actually there it hasn't even been two months since he shot me, looking for you. I know you wanted answers but I don't think putting yourself in danger was going to be the right choice here, I know I said you need to get to know your family but I didn't  mean your father I meant your two sisters Mer."

"You missing the point Derek, I went to see my father and met Molly, she was very nice but I kinda blew up at her because she asked why I didn't visit, etc and I kinda got emotional."

"Well, it's happened let's look to the future you have met your  sister and going to be working with your other sister, we have two beautiful girls who now have another cousin and you get to spend every day for the next couple of months with the twins, which I must say I'm quite jealous of because I still have to work until you go back and I go off."

"What if she hates me, Derek? Or blames me for Susan's death like Thatcher does, I don't think I could handle another person hating me."

"There is a slim chance that she may not like you, and before you interrupt it will be because she doesn't fully know you, she may not even know she has another sister so you both need to give each other a chance to be the sisters you both need."

"God, how am I so lucky to have you."

"I know, you are so lucky to have me."

//

*Days passed*

Still Derek's POV:

I'm not gonna lie I'm very jealous that Mer gets to stay home with the girls while I have to work I would prefer it if we both could stay home but we have to somehow pay the bills. On the bright side I get to visit Lexie and see if she can be discharged she doesn't know I'm her brother in law yet and I won't tell her unless he asks or Mer talks to her first, I don't want to intrude on something so fragile at the moment.

"Good morning, Miss Grey how are we feeling today?"

"I'm feeling fine, ready to go home and start work and find out what resident I have I've already missed the beginning of the program."

"Well, it looks like today is the day I'll get the papers for you to sign, but do you have anyone at home to look after you for the two weeks?

"Not exactly no well you see I was staying with my parents but well my mum died from the hiccups and well my dad well you know what happened with my dad, I'm sorry about that doctor Shepherd I also need to find Dr. Grey and apologize to her too."

"Lexie, can I call you Lexie? You do not need to apologize for your father's actions and I'm sorry to say this he was a drunk and put many people in danger and killed many people, oh and Dr. Grey is on leave for a while so I'm not sure when you will see her."

"Do you know Dr. Grey well?"

"You could say I do, yes."

//

Meredith's POV:

As much as I love the girls, I need to cut it's boring being at home especially when they are napping because there are no good tv shows, Derek isn't here to keep me company, and by the time I fall asleep one of the twins wakes up screaming their lungs off, which speaking of Eliza has clearly woken up.

"hi baby girl, are you hungry? Sssh we don't want Amelia waking up."

Eliza quickly latched on and I began to wonder what it would have been like if I didn't come back and how different our lived could have been without Derek, and at this moment I knew I made the right decision to come home, I have Derek, and Cristina and the rest of the family here. There is nowhere else I could think where I would want to be right now other than holding my sweet girls in my arms.

//

*Ding dong*

Urgh, who could be at the door I just finally got Eliza back to sleep. I walked over to the door to reveal Cristina holding up a bottle of wine with a tear-stained face.

"Cris, what's happened?"

"Burke, he left me, he dumped me. I can't believe it so I came here I know you can't drink but I can and I need to get drunk please Mer?"

"Come in Cris, I just put the girls down so we can talk about it and we can talk about my sister."

"Yea, as long as I can get wasted it's fine by me."

"Let's head to the living room I'll go grab a baby monitor I'll be right back."

//

Derek's POV:

I pulled up to the house and saw Cristina's car and then I heard laughing amongst the crying which led me a bit confused on how one house can show multiple emotions. I walked in and saw Cristina crying not knowing what to do with Amelia, she must have been drinking from the empty wine bottles, and across the room I see Meredith laughing at Cristina while rocking Eliza and I knew that this is just what Meredith needed, she needed a friend.

"So I see you have the girls covered want me to start dinner, I take it your crashing here Yang?"

"MCDREAMY YOU NEED TO TAKE THIS BABY!"

"Yes Derek, she will be I'm not letting her drive home and she may be a bit drunk and I can cook dinner if you like."

"Meredith, no offense but you can't cook, you burn toast and that doesn't even involve you cooking it so I'll head into the kitchen and call you when it's ready. Oh and I'll take Amelia away from Cristina before she freaks out again."

"THANK YOU!"

"Aha, your welcome Cristina."

So this is kind of a filler in the next chapter Mer and lexie will meet I think :)

Thank you for all the love and support you have all shown me it means the world :)

If you have any idea or advice let me know it is all welcomed and don't forget to vote and comment :)

Have a great day

-Cerys