Chapter 30

Meredith's POV:

I guess I never really understood what it felt like to feel so on edge around everyone but ever since that day if someone unexpected comes into my room the feeling comes and it won't leave which leads to many panic attacks. No one ever prepared me for the attack, no one ever prepared me for the mental battles I have to face each time I hear a slight sound, and no one prepared me for the nightmares that repeat each day. I wasn't prepared for anything like this and I just want to go home to my girls.

I can't hear or speak which has its perks, you notice more when the world around you has gone quiet, you take in the little things that you would normally miss but then with the world being quiet it's like I've been left in the dark again with no one to talk to me and no one to comfort me.

Derek hasn't visited me in a couple of days and as much as it makes me sad and lonely I know it's because he has to look after the girls, it's hard to believe that they are nearly 6 months old (It's May Idk I have messed up the times) 

I miss everyone but they clearly have not even thought of me because no one has even come to visit in the last week.

Derek's POV:

I feel like such an awful boyfriend, I haven't seen Meredith in days I'm just hoping she would understand that I have been looking after the girls, I hope that her friends have been coming to visit her she has started to warm up to the people she knows but anyone she hasn't worked with or isn't close to, well she freaks out and has a panic attack because she pictures his face on them.

I'm on way to work with the girls and a bunch of flowers to say sorry to Meredith and so she can also see the girls, I know how much they have all missed each other and the girls have sensed the absence of their mother and have taken it upon themselves to give me no sleep.

...

Webber- "Derek, I wasn't expecting to see you today, oh hello Eliza and Amelia."

"Well yea, I'm here to visit Mer and bring her the girls and then put some hours in so we can still have a salary entering the funds."

Webber- "Understandable, well I'll see you around and I might pop in and see Mer."

"Just don't be offended if you get told to leave she is still trying to process that we aren't him."

Webber- "Oh yes, that's a good point."

....

I walked into her room while pushing the pram and she is sound asleep, the bruising is healing day by day I just hope that she would be able to hear us soon, so we could somewhat start having conversations.

Meredith's POV:

I can feel a presence in the room and before my brain and my body can co-operate I begin to panic I don't know who is in my room. It could be him again. He could be back to finish the job. The blaring of my monitors scares me awake, I look all around my room looking for him, but then I see Derek with a concerned look on his face, and my blood pressure drops, and then I see them, I see my girls sleeping and my blood pressure is normal.

Bailey enters the room also clearly worried about why my monitors were blaring, wait I could hear my monitors. I can hear. I can finally hear.

Bailey- "What the hell happened?!"

Derek- "I'm not sure maybe another nightmare?"

*sloped writing is whiteboard*

I could feel someone in the room and I freaked out, the monitors woke me up.

Bailey- "Wait, Grey, can you hear us?"

YES

Derek- "Oh, Mer you can hear us. I'm so so sorry for not being here recently, the girls have been up all night every night so I brought you some apology flowers.

Derek, it's fine your here now that is all that matters I can hear.

Bailey- I'll let you all have a family moment, I'll be back to check everything soon Grey."

Okay.

Derek's POV:

Have they grown Derek?

"I think so Mer they seem bigger, and you seem happier."

Well duh, I can hear your voice again, I thought that I would never get to again.

"Oh Mer, I love you so so much."

I love you too, lay with me?

"Of course."

Meredith can hear again, everything is finally starting to look up which gets me thinking about how I should ask Mer to marry me, I think she's ready to be my wife but I don't know how I would ask her, and I know it will have to be put off until she is back on her feet and at work, before I do anything to stress her out.

"Mer I'm so sorry to leave you but I have to go do some surgeries, do you want me to leave the girls here?"

...

"Meredith?"

I turn to look at her and she is sleeping and for the first time in a while, she looks at peace, and in a deep sleep without nightmares. So I take her asleep as my time to go and ask my mum to take Eliza and Amelia home while I work.

//

"Thanks, Ma, for taking care of them and me while Mer is here, it means a lot."

"Derek, you didn't even need to take those days off, I am here so stop worrying and go save some lives."

"Thank you again"

I make my way to the O.R  board and take in my surroundings and how everything is finally coming together again, Meredith is on the mend, the girls are nearly 6 months old, Mer and I's relationship is processing and it feels like nothing that gets in our way can beat us and this feeling, this feeling is a great way to start surgery.

"Derek, can we talk I need to explain myself."

Hi everyone I hope you liked this chapter, Mer got her hearing back YAY. Thank you for all the support on this chapter but don't think that Mer's recovery will be all smooth sailing......

If you liked this chapter don't forget to vote and comment it means a lot, and if you have ideas, comments or advice let me know it's always welcomed. And thank you for the 400 votes WOAH!

Have a great day

-Cerys