Happy Beginnings 2 - New Friend

Hello yall! So I might make a mini-mini series every now and then for Happy Beginnings. I hope you guys enjoy the first part and stay tuned for more Happy Beginnings. By the way, lets welcome a new character, an OC from one of the readers. 

 @AllRoundBookNerd , their OC Starry wll be joining us for this story. All rights the character belongs to them. And also do visit the link cause Starry looks absolutely gorgeous! Happy reading! https://www.wattpad.com/1069904587-random-story-clips-and-rants-starry 

_____________

After dinner, the five clones decided to accompany young Zeporah back to her room. Wolffe and Cody were upfront with Zeporah seated on Cody's shoulder, gently gripping onto his hair. Fox and Bly trailed their back, carrying some of the padawan's food that she packed for the morning after, while Rex accompanied Taala, tailing the back. 

"I'm, glad you found her when you did." Taala broke the pleasant silence between the two, fiddling with her hands. "Usually, I'm there to keep her company but I had a meeting to attend, so.."

Rex noticed her nervousness. "..so she had to be on her own?" Taala nodded and sighed. 

"Zeporah, she's an unusual girl but has the most gentle soul." She didn't need to explain herself to Rex, he already knew that when he encountered Zeporah. Taala didn't think that explaining the situation was a necessity, she felt like it was the right thing to do. "People don't get to know her, the real her. It's why she doesn't have friends." 

The visor of his helmet didn't show Taala that Rex's eyes were on her the entire time, examining Taala's own eyes as they framed every worry she had for her padawan. He could tell that the master-padawan duo is close to each other. Rex's helmet tilted slightly towards Taala, telling her that she had his attention. 

Smiling fondly at her padawan upon the clone's shoulders, she thanked Rex and for him and his brothers standing up for Zeporah when no one else did. Hands reached up to Rex's helmet and he removed it, revealing to Taala his sharp and defined features. 

The hissing of his helmet being removed brought Taala to look at him and when the bucket came off she couldn't help but get caught into his brown eyes, the sharp jaw, not to mention his sweet smile and-

"Erm General? Everything alright?" 

"Hmm? Oh. OH, yes. Everything is alright." Taala gushed, turning away from him, a light blush dusted her green skin, not too bright so Rex didn't notice it. He chuckled anyways at her surprise. 

Zeporah was gently placed on the floor, she has thanked Wolffe for her perch. The men gathered around the room door watching contently as the young Jedi blabbered about her day and how she liked it. 

Taala opened the door to her's and Zeporah's shared room, yes, the two shared rooms so Taala would be able to keep her padawan company. The boys walked in, invited by the general, adding to the padawans glee. 

Jumping on the couch, Zeporah patted the spot next to her. Out of the five, Rex joined her first, while Bly and Fox laid the packed food onto the kitchen counter, Cody handed over Zeporah's.. 'balalaika' he remembered, and assortments of art supplies to Taala. 

"Happy kid eh?" Wolffe eyed Zeporah curled on the couch and turning on the holo-net. "Yeah.." Rex agreed. "According to the general she never had friends before, other than the general herself, that is." 

After a few minutes of the other three clones helping Taala arrange the food in the fridge, they joined the others in the hall. There they saw the sweet moment of Zeporah sandwiched between Wolffe and Rex.