Fight like A Fordo

"Ouh!" You shouted as you landed on your back. "You're not focused." the clone in front of you spoke. "I can do it. I'm just tired." 

The clone shrugged. "Well, I did warn you not to do your tinkering last night." He held a hand out to you to help you up. "Well, if someone didn't crash the ship into the hangar, I wouldn't be tinkering all night, now would I." You sasses and accepted his help. Fordo laughed shyly. 

After your little sparring session, you went out to one of the lower levels of Coruscant to get your favorite snack, but not before leaving a little note for the over protective mother hen of yours. 'Gone for snacks, back in a few.' You scribbled on a paper. You would have told Fordo yourself but he was busy training the guys, so you decided to leave the note on his bed. 

Hopping on a speeder, you made your way down to Coruscant's underbelly. You kept a low profile, your cloak covering your silky jedi robes and your lightsaber. You knew well that the jedi would disagree of your behavior, but the Melourun slushy was undeniably tasty, and the only shop that made it that way, was at the 12th lower level. After parking your speeder, you quickly made your way to the shop. 

"Ahh, my favorite customer." The shop keep shouted at your from the distance, bringing a smile to your face. "Hello there Jabu'ul." Jabu'ul was a elder twi'lek who ran the shop. Once you tried the drinks he made, you kept coming back for more and very soon, you became Jabu'ul's most appreciated customer. 

"The usual, right?" He asked in the thick twi'elek accent of his. "The usual, Jabu." He smiled at the nickname before turning to make your order. "Say, where is that clone of yours? Doesn't he always follow you down here? " "First, of all, he has a name, Fordo. Second, he has some training to handle, so I came down here for my drink and to meet my good friend." "You sure the drink isn't all that you came for?" He laughed out. "Come on, Uncle Jabu. Have a little faith." You replied in fake hurt and your best impression of his accent. 

While waiting for your order, you noticed a commotion from the street side. Several of the locals quickly moved out of the way as a young man was pushed to the ground. 'Gangsters.' You thought. You decided not to pay attention and turned your head to Jabu'ul. Although he maintained his calm exterior, you could sense Jabu'ul panic inside. You noticed his trained hands moving clumsily. "Uncle Ja, you alright?" Jabu'ul looked at you with a start. "Huh? Uhm, yeah my muchi eyan (young friend). Nothing to worry about." He looked at you then took a quick glance of the street before quickly resuming his work. 

You tensed at how scared he looked. You thought for a moment, then came to a conclusion. During your recent melourun visits with Fordo, Jabu'ul complained about some recent gangster activities. According to him, they have been going around harassing the shop keepers for money for 'protection' purposes. If the shop keepers failed to pay, they would vandalize their properties and the harassing would only escalate further. Judging by how Jabu'ul was acting, you knew that he was a target. 

Sure enough, the gangsters made their way to Jabu'ul's shop. You remained quiet. Jabu'ul froze as the gang leader pounded the counter table with his one mechanical hand. "Jabu jabu jabu!" The leader, human, shouted. "Pay up Jabu.." His gang members surrounded the counter and laughed tauntingly. The once lively atmosphere of Jabu'ul's shop died down. No customer dared to look at the scene. "Eh, Paco. Eh y-you see. I haven't made enough this week, I can't pay you yet." Jabu'ul begged. You hated this scene. You sat quietly at the side, eyes watching your friend. 

"Jabu'ul..." the leader sighed. "You are a good man, Jab's. But i need you payment." Jabu'ul gulped. He was about to speak when Paco cut him up. "We would not want your lovely establishment ruined, now would you." Some of the gang members sat themselves on the counter. 

"Jabu'ul, I'm not asking for much, just 75% of your earnings." He leaned closer to Jabu'ul. A sense of protectiveness washed over you as your hand gripped the tip of your lightsaber. "75% is too much, sir. I-I have to pay for the bills and the supplies-" "ENOUGH JABU'UL!" the man stood up and drew out his blaster. Jabu'ul shook with fear. "I want my money, and I want it now. No excuses." Jabu'ul tried reasoning with Paco but it only made the gang leader mad. 

A nautolan member jumped over the counter to box in poor Jabu'ul, followed by another twi'lek and a quarren. When Jabu'ul didn't hand in the money, the leader signaled for the quarren to attack. He punched Jabu'ul in the stomach, making him drop to the ground. The other gang members closed in for the fun, when you suddenly threw one of your boots to the leader, hitting him square in the head. 

The commotion died down as the leader spun an shouted. "WHAT LOWLIFE-" before he could complete his sentence you stood up, your cloak still providing you your disguise. "Look kid! I have no quarrel with you! LET ME DO MY BUSINESS!" Paco growled. " You do not harass my friend." You announced with authority. Recognizing your voice, Jabu'ul called out to you to stay out of it, but you weren't going to have your friend bullied. "I am warning you." You took a step towards the leader. Paco cracked his knuckles before stepping closer to you. "I'll deal with you first, brat." The gang member's left Jabu'ul and turned their attention towards you. 

Paco raised his blaster but before he could take a shot, a blaster bolt zipped right passed yourself and Paco, finding its mark on a metal pipe. "Not. One. Step" Yourself, and everyone in the shop turned to see the one and only Fordo standing at the door, guns at the ready. You felt a smile at the corner of your lips. "You don't run level 12. I do!" Paco aimed his blaster at Fordo, but before he could pull the trigger, you force pushed Paco. He hit the wall, strong enough to only knock him out. 

Gasps were heard as you revealed yourself. The gang members frantically looked between you and their leader. "Scram!" The rushed to the door only to be stopped by Fordo with a gun aimed at them. "Nope" He said as he began to stun them. The fired back and you engaged them in hand combat. The customers ran under the tables to hide from the fight. Scared screams filled the air. You managed to knock out several of the gang members out cold, until your punches were halted by the twi'lek gang member. You eyes met his when he began to throw punches at you. Fordo was busy fighting of the others and keeping the civies safe. The male twi'lek pushed you into a corner. "Not so smart now!" You kept quiet but a smirk managed to grace your lips. He scowled at the smile and came to punch you, but you managed to duck and you brought you kneed his stomach before elbowing his chin.

He stumbled back a little before you delivered the final blow where the sun does not shine. The male twi'lek's face contorted in pain and shame and he slumped to the ground. A stun bolt grabbed your attention as Fordo got the last member. Slowly the customers came out of hiding. Seeing the defeated gang members they cheered. Jabu'ul came running to you and hugged you. "Youlittlechidlwhatdoyouthinkyourdoing!" He quickly spoke. "I told you not to get involved." He looked at you worriedly. "Uncle, I'm fine." Jabu'ul shook his head. "Your a youngling" He deadpaned. "Very young padawan," You sassed back before yourself and Jabu'ul began laughing. 

Fordo called the police to escort the gangsters to the lock up. "Got my note" Fordo smiled and nodded at you. "Y/n, thank you for your help. Now i can run my business perfectly." Jabu'ul smiled gratefully. "No worried I'm glad to help." "And here, on the house." Jabu'ul pushed not one, but two drinks to you. You gasped and looked at Jabu'ul but he stopped you. "Now don't argue with me. You know I mean something when I saw it." You rolled your eyes and laughed. "Thanks uncle." He nodded. "Now, run along. I'll see you soon." You bid farewell to him and ran to Fordo, who was leaning on his speeder. 

"When do you never get into trouble?" He exasperated. You shrugged and handed him a drink. He accepted it and got on his speeder and you did yours. "By the way. That was some real action in there. You definitely fight like a Fordo." You laughed. "Well, I had a good teacher." You gave him a playful salute. "Yeah well, either way, next time, wait for me before running of down here, alright." Fordo shot you a worried look. "Will do, vod." Both of you sped of to the barracks to tell your exciting night to the boys. 

The end!!