Felucia Flu

Sniffle, sniffle and sniffle. It's all Reetha did doing all day long. Reetha wasn't much of a big Felucia fan, whenever she visited that planet, she'd always come down with the flu. It came to a point where she thought that the jungle planet just hated her existence. 

Of course, when General Kenobi, her honorary uncle, briefed the 212th about their new mission, Reetha knew what she had about to face. "Oh great. The time to get sick is now." sarcasm leaked from her mouth. "My dear, I thought you'd be used to it by now." General Kenobi folded his hands to himself and laughed. 

"Well, General, like what Reetha said before, we could always find a new strategist for our Felucia missions." Commander Cody stood beside the young girl, giving her a hearty slap on the back. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. We'll see if your so chipper when I get sick. I'm getting you to care for me, commander." she said, before excusing herself to her room, leaving two highly amused men snickering behind her back. "She certainly knows how to put up a show, eh gen'ral ?" "We'll Cody, they certainly learn from the best." 

---

"I hate Felucia" Reetha muttered under her breath. "We know kid. Heard you the first hundred times." Boil walked up beside her. "Ah give her a break. She has been sniffling ever since we left Coruscant." Crys patted Reetha's shoulder before handing her a bottle of water. She thanked him, and took her first sip. Before Reetha could drink it down however, she felt the all familiar tingling sensation. 

The sniffling girl quickly turned around to a tree and sneezed. The water in her mouth sprayed out on the tree. "Ewww." Boil recoiled beside Crys, as the two looked at her, slightly worried and amused. "You okay kid?" Crys asked. "Define okay, Crys." she wiped her mouth, before suddenly stopping to sneeze again. After the second sneeze, Reetha felt a little better, but her eyes watered involuntarily. "Your crying?" Boil asked cautiously. He knew better than to get to Reetha's bad side when  on Felucia. Especially, Felucia. "Nah. Sinuses." She simply shrugged before pushing past the two troopers to join her uncle at the front.

---

Reetha, Commander Cody and General Kenobi were crouched down on a slope. One of the scout troopers spotted a droid base not far from their current position. "Looks like the droids are mining some kind of mineral, Obi-Wan." Obi-wan looked through his scopes. "It's not just any mineral young one. Those are Nova Crystals." 

Cody lowered his scopes and leaned towards Obi-Wan "I thought the Felucian Nova Mines were all but destroyed." "Well, Cody, it seems this one is still operational." Obi-Wan stated, then turned to the young girl beside him. "Reetha, how do you think we should approach this?"

"We could bring down the mine walls and then-" She stopped suggesting when she realized that both the jedi and clone commander were looking at her weirdly. "What?" she impatiently asked. "You sure your alright? Your voice is all..." "All gravely." Obi-wan finished the sentence. Reetha simply shrugged. "A little flu is all. Anyways," she turned her attention to the mine. "The droids are using an old mine, not the brightest idea really, but it gives us an edge. If we can collapse the walls, it would destroy the mines and the droids in them." Obi-Wan agreed to the plan and Cody went to brief the team. 

----

About an hour later, the mine was successfully  destroyed. Currently, they were cleaning up their mess. Reetha was gathering important information to include in her strategic report, when a wave of lightheadedness washed over her. She quickly braced herself on a nearby tree, gently massaging her temple. "You okay, Reetha?" Wooley noticed her distressed look. 

Reetha could feel a fever coming up, but she didn't want to bother the troopers. They already had a lot on their hands. "All's good.." she faked a smile. Wooley hesitated for a moment, looking at her, before deciding to let her be for a while. "Alright. If you say so. But, if the flu is bothering you, you should rest." Reetha only nodded. "Well, if you need me, I'll be in the transport." He slowly walked away. 

After wrapping up, the troopers were preparing to depart from Felucia's surface. Reetha was walking behind Waxer, about to enter a transport, when an overwhelming nauseating feeling took her by surprise. She quickly pulled on Waxer's arm and dragged him to a tree. There, she dropped on her hands and began to throw up. Waxer dropped his blaster and went on his knees, gently holding Reetha's hair back. "Ugh..." she sighed after a little throw up. 

Waxer's gloveless hand went to her forehead. "Reetha. You've got a temperature. How long did you know this?" Reetha could only manage to side glance him before turning to throw up again. Waxer simply sighed and commed Cody. She tried to stand a while later, but her strength had left her and Reetha collapsed into Waxer's side. Waxer chuckled lightly at her dragging weight on him, so he pulled the young girl close and sat down, leaning against another tree. 

"Next time you get a fever, tell us alright." He spoke gently. "Okay. Sorry." She muttered quietly, eyes slowing closing. Waxer smiled to himself and waited for Cody to arrive and told him about Reetha's condition.

----

Light entered Reetha's pupils making her squint. "..." She was in her room. By her bed, was Obi-Wan, Cody, Waxer, Boil, Crys and Wooley. The men were lounging in the room, waiting for Reetha to wake up. "Ah, your awake little Khan." Obi-wan chirped noticing that she woke up. The boys turned to look at Reetha, a calmness washed over them. 

"How you doing?" Waxer asked next. "A little better." she quietly spoke. Waxer rubbed her head gently and she leaned to his comforting touch. Boil chuckled. "Don't get to comfortable Reetha. Once your better, I'm making sure you stay away from iced drinks. NO EXUCES." he waved his finger to make a point. 

Reetha wasn't happy about this so she looked pleadingly to the others. "Don't give us that look, alright. You asked for it." Cody walked up and sat by her side. Reetha knew that Boil would go by his word, but she knew Cody had a very soft spot for her, so Reetha curled up to his side and gave him puppy eyes. 

Obi-wan and Crys huffed a laugh. "She's doing it again Cody." Wooley warned. Cody tried not to look into Reetha's eyes. "Come on, Reetha, this is unfair." At this, she moved to hug him. "Cuddly aren't we." Obi-wan laughed. 

"Okay, Reetha. We will make a deal." Cody spoke, Boil leaned in skeptically. "A week after you get better, I'll treat you to your favorite drink. We got a deal?" Reetha looked up to him. "I sense a but..." "But, you need to make sure to take your meds and rest up properly. Otherwise, I will have to side with Boil on this one. Reetha thought for a moment before agreeing. The boys kept her company until she fell back to sleep.

For the next two weeks, the guys came to check up on her every now and then to make sure that Reetha took her medication and ate properly. Sometimes, they would bring their lunch to her room to eat with her, or might sleep over for the night after a movie marathon. 

Soon enough, with all the care she got, Reetha saw fast recovery. She walked down the clone barracks to the 212th's. When she entered, she was greeted by a chorus of voices. 

"Hey Cody."

"Hey kid. All better I see." he laughed. 

"Yeap! Thanks to you and the boys." Reetha said, taking a seat on a crate. Cody was busy on his datapad, but he realised how restless Reetha was. "Soooo, Cody......" 

"Soo......you were saying?" Cody placed his datapad down to give her his full attention. He noticed a smirk creep on her face. "How bout that treat you promised me?" 

Cody rolled his eyes before laughing. "Come on, kid. Yogen slushy on me!" Reetha cheered and followed after him. Felucia flu doesn't seem bad after all.