Tale of Two Dominos

Reetha and Echo sat on the tree one day. Both brother and sister leaning into each other. Echo was the softest, most caring of the remaining Domino squad. Fives was more of a rowdy and reckless brother but one Domino could not exist without the other. Like how Reetha could not exist without either Domino. 

But that changed the day Fives came back from the citadel. He remembered seeing the jumpy girl running up to him with a smile on her face and launched herself to hug him tightly. Little did she know that under that helmet, the arc trooper had a tear-stained face. Rex watched the exchange between the two from the LAAT, already knowing the reaction of their little one. 

Fives accepted the hug but remained still, just lowering his head onto her's heavily. "Fives?" She gently parted from the hug. He didn't reply her nor did he have the strength to look her in the eye. Reetha sensed something off but decided to brush it off as tiredness. Looking around, she saw the defeated postures of Master Skywalker, Ahsoka, Master Kenobi, Cody and then she noticed Rex. Standing furthest away from the two with his head hung low and a great regret rolled off him in waves. Never ending waves. 

Then she noticed something, or rather someone. Someone lost. Someone kind and comforting lost. Gripping onto his shoulders, Reetha asked a dreaded question. "Where is he?" That was all she managed. Fives raised his head slightly, still not replying to her. Reetha's face flushed in anger, "Fives where is he?" 

The silent trooper filled her with dread. So much so she began to beg, "Fives. Fives please, Where is he? Where is Echo!?" Fives pushed of her hands gently and lifted his hand to remove his helmet. Red rimmed and puffy eyes held a thousand words. Only two managed to pull the padawans heartstring so hard, they became undone and crumbled to the floor with Fives' own. "I'm sorry." 

Reetha gasped. "No." Tears began to well up in her eyes as the incomplete duo stared at each other. "It's not true." She begged, taking Fives' hands in hers, "Tell me its not true." Fives began to break, clutching onto Reetha's hand like a lifeline, "It's true"

Reetha fell silent as the shock began to settle in. No words could comprehend the loss she felt. The gaping hole that tore in her chest, filling her with dread and sadness. Fives' clenched his jaw and cried along with her. The two finally came crushing in together, breaking apart simultaneously and hopelessly falling into each other. Fives' held Reetha close to his heart, Reetha buried her head into his chest, arms gripping each other like it was their last days in the galaxy. For them, it was as if the galaxy was ripped apart from them. 

Their Domino, their brother, gone. There was no going back, right? History won't repeat itself, right? The galaxy is cruel but it is forgiving, right?

---

Reetha and Fives sat on the tree one day. Both brother and sister leaning into each other. Fives was the rowdy and reckless of the remaining Domino squad but held a heart of gold. Echo was the softest, most caring Domino brother, but one Domino could not exist without the other. Like how Reetha could not exist without either Domino. 

But what does the galaxy care about but itself. Everyone dies in the end and everyone leaves in the end. Just like how Echo left first, then Fives left second. Now Reetha was all that remained of the Dominos. One left to remember her brothers in the vast galaxy. One that swears to protect her other brothers. But the galaxy never cares, just like the tale of two dominos.