Chapter Sixteen: Beast

GEORGE POV

TIME CHECK: 8:01 PM

George is curled up on the couch, figuring out how to use the new mobile phone that Clay has gotten him. While the other two are doing the dishes and busy chatting away about things that George just can't put together in his mind. 

First, he is annoyed by how he couldn't process how to use the new phone. Second, he is more annoyed that he couldn't hear what they are talking about. He could only hear some muffled words through the door.

"She-... not bad looking."

"I told you..."

He could definitely tell that Clay was the one who said the first line. 

George's heart sank, but he didn't understand the ache that has already been formed inside him. He couldn't understand why his heart would hurt so much after hearing what Clay said. 

Countless thoughts ran around his head.

Who is he talking about? Is she stunning? Why am I feeling this way? Why am I even bothered by this? What's wrong with me? I-

Before George's mind could continue erupting inside him, the sound of the door cuts him off, throwing him back into reality. He jumped and look at them. 

Clay and Nick stare back at the British boy, wondering what happened since they have been calling his name a few times already.

"Are you okay?" Clay's worried tone immediately brings George back from his shock while Nick stares at George with a concerned look.

"I'm fine," George said weakly and gave a dry smile. 

Clay could already sense something was wrong at this point, but before he could ask him again, George cuts them.

"I'm kinda tired, so I'll head to bed first." George got up swiftly and scurried back into Clay's room, leaving the two dumbfounded adults staring at each other.

George wants to lie down on the bed but decides to take a bath first. He forgets to take the new clothes that Nick has bought for him, only the pair of boxers.

CLAY POV

TIME CHECK: 8:15 PM

Clay and Nick are still staring at each other, thinking of what happened to George. 

"Maybe he's just fatigued. A lot did happen today." Nick breaks the silent atmosphere.

"I guess." Clay replied, still worried about George, of course.

Nick on the television, and Clay watch along with it. 

What happened to him? Even if he's tired, I don't think he will act like that, right?

Clay's constant thoughts about George makes Clay plays with his fingers, making clicking sounds so often that it's starting to annoy Nick.

"Clay, if you are so worried, go and check-" Nick couldn't even finish what he wants to say, and Clay already left the living room to go check on George.

Nick smirks. 

"Someone's a simp", Nick laughs to himself.