Chapter Thirty-Eight: Retrieval

CLAY POV

TIME CHECK: 05:13 PM

How did George even wonder up to meeting Corpse? How far did he walk? He better not do anything to him! Dream is currently in his car on the way to George. The place isn't far from him, but it will take a lot of walking. Clay is focusing on his driving to the hotel until Nick calls him suddenly. 

"Hi Clay, did you open your Twitter? Well, there isn't anything to see anyway. You don't have to open it. If you do open it, try to calm down. Okay, see you later." Nick hangs up before Clay can even say anything. What the? Of course, when you tell people not to do things without more details, they would do it, right? That's what Clay did. He immediately opens his Twitter. He saw what was trending "Corpse's BOYFRIEND???". Since when did he get a boyfriend? Clay taps into it. Well, he did not like it one bit. He screams internally for letting George get out of the house because of George having with Nick. He threw his phone onto the seat beside him and started speeding. Clay doesn't care. The only thing he wants to do now is get George back and Corpse to delete that cute picture of George on his Twitter.

After just a few minutes, Clay is already in the hotel going up to George's floor. Nick has just reached the hotel entrance.

NICK POV

I rushed up the moment Dream texted me he was outside already. Why did I call Dream and tell him that? I feel dumb now. It's scary as fuck when he's angry. When Nick reached the floor that Dream told him to go to, he saw an angry-looking Dream.

"So you saw what's trending on Twitter?" Nick asks to lighten up the mood. Why did he think that would make it better? Dream glared at him and began knocking on the door. A moment later, Tommy opened it, and it shocked the two of them. "Sapnap?!" A broad British accent comes out. He went over to hug Sapnap. "Tommy?" Sapnap reciprocated the hug. "It's so good to see you, but how did you know we are here? Who's this tall ass dude?" Tommy asks. "Hi, Tommy," Dream said, which immediately made Tommy shout. "Dream?!" Dream smiles. "Yes?". Tommy then hugs Dream. "Didn't know you would face revealing this early. By the way, Tubbo, Wilbur, Karl and Quackity are inside too. What are you two doing here, though?".

"Where's George?" Dream takes the initiative to go in without Tommy inviting him, brushing Tommy off slightly. Tommy looks at Nick with a puzzled look which he sighed in return. The others who were talking looked at the stranger who had just walked. Of course, Karl knows who he is. Karls screams, "Dream?!" and everybody just got a mini shock for a few seconds, processing which the heck just walked in on them. Sapnap trails behind Dream. "Hi, guys." Dream said. Everybody said "Dream" in unison but is quickly cut off by Dream asking, "you guys know where George is?". "Oh yeah, go upstairs and turn right, at the end in Corpse's room," and just left. Wilbur said in a confused tone, and everyone turned to look at Sapnap. "You guys will know it soon." He sighs and follows Dream to keep Dream in Check. 

He remembered that Dream the last time he got mad at his ex-girlfriend, and oh boy, it did not end well. He not only scared Sapnap but the girl away, and that broke the relationship. He was not sure of the details himself. He is convinced that Dream was quite happy that the relationship ended, though. in the first place, Dream wasn't all that interested in her. He finds it hard to reject someone who approaches him. That is only until George appears. 

CLAY POV

Clay is happy that he could see all his online friends, but right now, the most important thing to him is George. He promised himself that he would come back next time to greet them after correctly solving this situation. He is already right in front of Corpse's room. Clay knocked on the door repeatedly until someone opened the door. The longer it takes, the hard he strikes. Finally, Corpse emerges from the room. The moment Corpse opens the door, Clay pushes Clay aside and immediately walks in. Corpse is shocked at first but then start laughing at Clay for being so obsessive with George. Clay carries George while Nick is talking to Corpse. Clay has George in his arms right now. He nuzzles closer to George's hair to whiff his hair. The same smell as him, he smirks. 

Retrieval complete. Clay carries George off without speaking to Corpse at all. Corpse knows he has to apologise soon. He said goodbye to the people below while everybody looked shocked that Dream had George in his arms, saying that they would meet up soon again. He then left the house to go back with George in his arms. Nick decided to stay a little to explain the situation a little.

GEORGE POV

George could hear people talking outside the room, but it's clouded with muffled voices due to the walls. Is Clay here? He drifted off to sleep again after it died down.

George got awake again from someone trying to carry him. He stirs awake as soon as he is picked up where he can't feel the texture of the bed anymore. He feels warm and comfortable in the arms he's getting carried on. He opens his eyes and realises that Clay is the one carrying him, and on the side is Nick. Clay is carrying  George because George has his legs grasped on Clay's waist and neck rested on his shoulder. Nick is looking a little nervous, and Clay seems furious. Did something happen?  

Since George just woke up from his nap, he isn't in the best mind. "Hi, Dreamie," George said in a voice soft enough for only Clay to hear. Clay's face immediately changed into a gentle smile. "Hi, baby. You can go back to sleep." Clay replies with the same volume into George's ear, which does George's stomach somersault. "Okay," George replies in a sleepy and shy tone. He nuzzles closer to Clay's neck and tightens his grip on Clay's body, seeking more warmth from Clay's body. He didn't see Clay's face goes crimson the moment he did that.