Chapter Thirty-Four: Not Again

GEORGE POV

TIME CHECK:  03:00 PM

Due to the heavy traffic,  the trio is still ten minutes away from their destination.

George wakes up from the sudden jerk of the car. He opens his eyes and felt an arm right in front of him, realising that is Clay's. "Are you okay?" Clay asked with a concerned look. George hums in response. "You're sweet, Dreamie.". He knows that Clay is trying to keep him safe. Clay flashes him a big goofy smile. "Anything to keep you safe, cutie.". George realises his face getting warm. Why is the sun hitting him in the right spot?  He really has to be mentally prepared for the sudden praise from Clay. It gets him every time, no matter how many times he hears it. The face isn't helping him with the cool down.

Nick loud snores abruptly destroy the romantic atmosphere that George and Clay just created. They both, however, laugh at Nick snores. The car has filled the rest of the ride home with a pleasant silence. They both enjoyed each others company. They did have small conversations about what they are going to do when they reach home. 

When they both did not converse, George finds himself gradually growing more attached to Clay. He keeps looking at him while Clay is driving. George did notice that Clay often glances his way as well, which melts the brunette's heart. He knows that Clay treats him extra nice. However, he doesn't know what Clay really feels. It might be his young age. Thus, the overprotectiveness. The thought of that achers George's heart. I really want to know how Clay feels, but I don't want to seem weird. He frowns, thinking about it and looking outside the window, trying to subside the butterflies inside him. He realises that they reached home already. 

"Georgie, could you wake Nick up? I'll bring the stuff in," Clay asked. George nods to his words, trying not to show his upset face. He hopes that Clay did not notice it. He's good at noticing when something is off with George. Clay went inside the house while George wakes Nick up.

"Sapnap, wake up, wake up, wake up!" George gradually getting louder, shaking Nick as well. Nick finally starts to stir awake. "We're home, Nick.". Nick opens his eyes and sees George. "George, come cuddle." George laughs at Nick. "What! No! Wake up already." George turns around, but a hand quickly catches his right wrist and pulls him backwards. George yelps, "Nick! What the heck!?" while the both of them are laughing. "You smell nice, Gogy." George keeps laughing at Nick keeps hug-tickling George. "S-stop it a-already!"

CLAY POV

TIME CHECK: 03:20 PM

Clay puts down the bags filled with accessories, realising that neither George nor Nick have returned from the car. What is taking them so long? Clay decided to go and call them in. He went out to the car to the both of them laughing and Nick hugging him from the back. It seems that George accepts it. Clay witnessed the scene and immediately felt jealousy and sadness taking over him. He just turned back and went back inside the house. Clay realised how sensitive he is around George and only him. Why is he so jealous of Nick?

GEORGE POV

TIME CHECK: 03:26 PM

"Okay, now let go of me. If not, I'll tell Karl you tried to kiss me." George chuckles as Nick immediately let go. "You're evil, George. That did not happen.". "How would he know, right?" George laughs even more. "Let's go in already." They both went in, seeing that Clay is nowhere to be found. "Where is he?" George asked. "Maybe in his room?" Nick responded. George hums as he goes upstairs to find Clay. George knocks on the door before going in. Realising that there is no response, he opens the door to a blackout room. "Dreamie?" George calls out in a soft voice. No response. He turns on the light. Clay lying down on his bed, his back face against George. "Clay?" He walks towards him and puts his hand on his shoulder. Again, no response. "Dream, did something happened? Did I do something wrong?".  Why is he acting like that? The last time that happened was when I ignored him... "You did nothing." a cold response from Clay. He did not turn to look at George at all, which is making George overthinking. 

"Clay, please. Look at me," George said softly with an obvious tint of sadness. Clay is still not facing George. George sat down on the floor with his knees up to his chest, trying to suppress the tears coming out. "Dreamie." He is still not replying. George choked on his tears. The tears start pouring out. He stood up and quickly left the room. He went downstairs to see Nick sitting on the couch. He went to Nick, sitting beside him, covering his face with his knees. 

"George, what happened? Did Clay do something to you?" A worried expression immediately flooded his face. George takes a deep breath in. "Clay was ignoring me even after so many times I called out to him. He replied to me coldly, which was not normal at all. Does he hate me now? Am I using his money too much? Am I useless?" George flashbacks to his parents.

"Seriously, you're just going to stay in the house and not do anything?! You're already used so much of my money! You worthless brat! The only good thing you have is that appearance, and the rest, you are nothing." George's father throws a mug at George, hitting George in the head and causing him to bleed. George's father starts stomping towards him, raising his hand, motioning to slap George-

"George!" Nick's voice snaps George out of his memories of his father. "Are you okay?' You were shaking?". George did not reply but instead closed his eyes and tried to calm himself down, forgetting the haunting memories. George felt Nick left his side as he sobs more into his knees. It comes again, the suffocating feeling. George feels the need to get out of the house before he gets into a panic attack. What did I do? What did I do? Anyone can hate me, not him. George repeats these thoughts to himself as he rushes his way out of the house, finding himself walking in the same direction to the beach while mumbling to himself. He finds everybody's stares piercing into him. 

CLAY POV

TIME CHECK: 03:43 PM

Clay heard someone storming into his room. "Clay! What happened to George? Why is he crying?". The moment Clay heard that George is crying, he turns around. "He cried? I didn't even know? Where is he now?" Clay sudden burst of adrenaline to know more about George. Nick shakes his head. "He's downstairs, blaming himself, saying stuff like you hate him. You better go check on him right now. He doesn't want to talk to me at all." 

Clay finds himself jumping out of bed and running towards the living room. "George." No replies. He gets closer to the living, looking inside. "George? Where are you?!". Clay rushes up, "Nick, Where is George?! You said he was in the living but he doesn't seem to be there." Clay frantically questions Nick. Nick returns a puzzled look. "Seriously, go search around the house first." Clay takes no time to quickly look around the first floor as he didn't hear George's footsteps going upstairs. "Nick, I think he went outside alone again! I'm going out to find him right now!" Clay screams across the house. Not this again, please be safe this time too. Why did I let my jealousy hurt George?