Chapter Thirty-Six: Sly

GEORGE POV

TIME CHECK: 04:47 PM

George's legs are starting to get tired. It's evident as his movement speed is slowly decreasing over time. Corpse seems to notice it and starts to pace himself where George could follow. George is thankful for the change of speed. "We are almost here, George. It's just a turn to the left here, and we would be there." After another 2-3 minutes of walking, they have reached their destination. George glances up and notices a hotel. He gives Corpse a confused look, wanting an explanation. "Oh, it's where some of my friends are currently staying since we decided to come to Florida as a meet-up place. Karl's there too." George was worried that he would be awkward. Luckily, Karl is there too. 

George noticed that his phone was vibrating. It's probably Clay or Nick. He checked his phone and realised it was Clay. George finally learns his uninformed disappearance worries his two best friends. He immediately picked up the phone. Corpse understands to the extent that he waits for George to end the call before bringing him in.

"George! Where are you right now? Didn't you promise me that you wouldn't go outside alone if I'm not here!?"

"I'm sorry, Dream. I-I was just overwhelmed... I didn't mean to leave. I was j-just sad that you didn't want to talk to me. Y-you're the person I trust the most. At t-that moment, the space around me feels s-suffocating. I couldn't think so I-" George is starting to hyperventilate at the thought that Dream might see George as a burden. Corpse goes over to give him some comfort by patting George's shoulder.

Clay's soothing voice resonates in his ear."Hey, hey, George, it's not your fault. Calm down. I'm not mad at you. I'm angry at myself for not being able to control my emotions. Where are you right now? I'll come to pick you up. Please." George seems to be able to calm down finally.

"I'm with Corpse right now. I don't know where we are currently. He was bringing me somewhere. We're in front of a hotel right now named 'Crescent'?"

"Corpse? Hotel?! Okay, never mind. Pass him the phone." George passes the phone, which confuses Corpse. Corpse still takes the phone anyway. Corpse answers the phone, and within 30 seconds, he hands back the phone to George with a smirk, which the call has already ended. What did they talk about? 

"What did you two talk about?" George questions.

"Nothing." Corpse chuckles to himself. The phone starts ringing again. "Don't worry about it." Corpse commented and took the phone back. "It's Dream, though," George replies. "It's fine. He's already coming. I told him the hotel and the room where we will be at." 

"But..." 

"It's fine, George. Let's go. I'll introduce you to some of my friends." George wanted to snatch the phone back, but at this point, he gave up. He's exhausted from the walk. He cannot win even if he wants. I didn't think that Corpse would be so sly. Corpse puts his right arm up with George's phone while walking towards the hotel. George wants to call Clay.

CORPSE POV

Corpse could see that George was pouting with his arms crossed when George followed him behind. Corpse chuckles at sight, getting some sense of entertainment from teasing George. He is cute(You guys can see who is Dream's love rival now). Corpse puts George's phone in his back pocket as if scheming something. He knows that George saw it. The next moment they were at the room's door. Corpse can tell that George is staring at his butt. "My butt is going to have a hole." Corpse comment makes the small one flustered. "Then give me back my phone." A sassy George bites back, making Corpse laugh. Corpse opens the door with a key card that one of his friends handed to him. The sound of chattering and laughter quickly floods to their ears.

CLAY POV

"I'm bringing George to the hotel. Show him something fun. I'll text you the location and the room number. You better hurry before anything happens to him." 

"What is that suppose to-" Clay got cut off before he could continue. That's Corpse last sentence to Dream before he hangs up on Clay. Clay nearly threw his phone to his ground when he heard that he was bringing George to the hotel. Something fun? What the fuck does that even mean? Clay is not taking it as a joke that Corpse wishes he did. Clay was at home when George made the call. He tried calling multiple times after that but to no avail that George would pick up, making him more anxious about George's well-being. Clay messages Nick, who is outside looking for George right now and sends him where Corpse said they would be. Clay was already on the way to look for George already. I hope that bastard doesn't do anything to George.