16 - The Princess Arrives

It was an odd feeling for Alicia, knowing that her twin brother was prettier than her. She didn't lament on the feeling for long, but the thought had struck her a few times during the night. Fleeting, of course, but enough to make her lose sleep. Alicia sat with her head in her hands at the cafeteria table, forcing herself to even stay awake.

'Hello,' Stephanie crowed. 'Earth to Alicia, are you there Alicia? Class starts in twenty-minutes and you still look like shit. You don't even have any makeup on.'

'I'm tired, Steph,' Alicia drowsily replied. 'Leave me alone.' Stephanie snorted and returned to her breakfast.

'Was it another nightmare?' Lou asked, looking genuinely concerned. This brought a smile to Alicia's face, Lou's questions and childlike demeanor always did. Lou was the epitome of the term 'cute as a button.' Everything she did or said was always somehow adorable, from singing in the shower to as far as squishing a bug. She was a dainty Southern Belle, and proud of it.

'I'm fine,' Alicia responded, adjusting her tone for Lou. 'Nothing for any of you to worry about.'

'And we all cared so much,' Polly sarcastically chimed in. Alicia sneered at her friend, who exchanged an equally punch-able look. Alicia was still tired, but her friends always found ways to cheer her up. Stephanie was no doubt the leader of the group. She was loud, abrasive, and honest. She had been Alicia's best friend since arriving at Priscilla's, and even though the two argued quite a bit, they were still an inseparable duo.

Lou acted as the perfect source of comic relief for the group. Nothing she ever said was remotely intelligent and most of her claims held no basis to the real world, but she was adorable whenever spoke so it didn't matter. Cute as a button, but dumb as a doornail. If she wasn't preaching bible verses, she was probably telling you about her ideal design for a teddy bear.

Polly was the opposite to Lou in every way. She was a nice girl, even if her aesthetic rarely fit the definition of a 'nice girl.' Polly dressed like a goth on most days, except for Friday when she would abruptly decide to wear the school's uniform. Priscilla Girl's has a strict policy on uniform, but since Polly's creative genius was unmatched in her year level when it came to Art, the faculty let her get away with it, especially when Polly labelled her clothing choice as an 'art movement.'

Rose was the last girl of Alicia's core group, and the main source of levity for all five of them. She was the most normal of the five, Alicia thought, next to herself of course. She was smart, funny, streetwise, and incredibly beautiful. If there was a 'Most Likely to Become a Model' category in the yearbook, Rose would take the spot without hesitation. She was also a very real person, an aspect Alicia very much liked. The two girls had many interesting late-night conversations with one another in their dorm. Alicia didn't think much of Rose when she first met her, striking her off as yet another mindless bimbo, but as soon as she opened her mouth, Alicia's judgements were prove false.

The five of them formed a tight little group, and coincidentally had all been assigned to one of the five boys that were taking part in the co-ed project. The five of them enjoyed being in charge of cross dressing their chosen partners, especially Alicia who had longed to tick makeovers off the older sister bucket list in her teenage years.

Yesterday was the first real day of the little experiment, and it had been more fun than she expected. It was still odd to see her twin brother dressed head to toe like a teenage girl, but she adjusted to the sight quickly. Still, the fact that Tyler looked quite pretty as a girl kind of annoyed her. After thinking longer on it she worked out that he looked more like Bella than herself when he was dressed as a girl. Bella and him were more a mix of their mother and father than Alicia who was basically a mini version of their mother. Alicia's thoughts were confirmed when Bella strolled over to her table and she nearly mistook her for Tyler. Luckily, Bella's long red hair gave her away instantly.