23 - The Crossdresser's Dream

With Layla still fresh in his head, Tyler returned to the boys bedroom, back to his male clothes. To his surprise he found Spencer as well, dressed in a white hoodie, jeans, and socks. He had taken his wig off, only placed a white beanie on his ruffled blonde hair. He had taken off his makeup and the bathroom smelt with the fresh scent of nail polish remover. Spencer didn't move a muscle when Tyler entered and said hello.

He was reading a car magazine on his bed, trying his best to look interested as he flipped through each page. Spencer flipped to a page where a girl in a white bikini was sprawled over the hood of a blood red Lamborghini. 'Nice,' Spencer said as he gazed at the picture. 'She is one attractive lady.'

'I know you're faking it,' Tyler said, ripping the magazine from the Spencer's hands. 'You don't have to pretend around me.'

'I'm not!' Spencer snapped, taking the magazine back. 'I'm a guy, just like you, Ty. I like cars, girls in bikinis, getting dirty under the hood of a car, wiping the sweat from your head as your mechanic friend wipes his own with a musty towel, gazing secretly at his perfectly toned abs and tanned skin. I'm all about masculinity.'

Tyler smiled. 'I know you're gay.' Spencer pulled back in shock. His expression told Tyler that his accusation was correct. 'I won't tell anyone. I promise.'

'I'm not gay! In fact, I don't quite agree with gay marriage and think it's actually quite repulsive-fine! I'm gay! I like crossdressing, I love wearing makeup, getting my nails done, strutting around in high heels. So what?'

'Nothing. I'm proud of you for finally admitting it.' Spencer slumped back in his bed, covering his face with a pillow.

'You've know me for two weeks and you figured out I'm gay. Meanwhile, I've known Zach for my whole life and he thinks I hate all that stuff. If I came out to him, it would break is heart.'

'Give it time,' Tyler suggested. 'Nobody else knows, and I don't think they would mind if they did. They're a nice group of guys, maybe not Zach, but I'm sure Sam and Charlie would be supportive.'

'I'm still not telling anyone else,' Spencer grunted. 'If you tell anyone that I'm guy I'll tell Layla you're a guy.'

'Woah, woah, woah, that's a bit extreme. I wasn't going to tell anyone about your sexuality anyway. You didn't have to add that in!'

'I need to make sure your mouth will stay shut. No one else in the world knows my secret. Not my parents, not my sister, not Zach, not even Lou.'

'My lips are sealed,' Tyler affirmed. 'If you need someone to talk to, I'm here. Though, I might not be the best person for the job.'

Spencer smirked. 'I'm not sure, Tyler. You really opened up during your week as Taylor. I'd say you're more feminine at heart then you give yourself credit for. It's simple. You're selling yourself short. You're holding back the best part of yourself while adamant that you're living the best life you possibly could be.'

Tyler rolled his eyes and returned to his bunk. 'I'm not like you, Spence.'

'Explain last week, then? I've never seen someone so new to crossdressing take to the experience so well. It was magical watching you blossom into Taylor. You were like a princess.'

'Shut up,' Tyler half-heartedly yelled, throwing a pillow across at Spencer. It landed square on the boy's face. 'You're full of crap sometimes, you know that?'

'You've got your own secrets, and I've got mine. Just remember what I said, Ty. Right now, you're selling yourself short of what could be. Be the best version of yourself, not necessarily the one that will make everyone happy.'