29 - Getting Ready: Part One - Dress Shopping

Sam found himself sleeping in on Saturday morning. The party was later that night, and the group had the whole day to get ready. He looked around the dorm when he woke. Tyler, Spence, and Zach were nowhere to be seen. He couldn't hear Charlie's snoring above him so he assumed he was out. Sam was proven wrong as the second he emerged from the bottom bunk a figure from above jumped down on him and slammed him to the floor.

'What was that for?' Sam snapped. Charlie was busy laughing to himself.

'I waited at least half an hour for you to wake up just to I could do that,' Charlie cackled. 'And it was WORTH IT!'

Sam brushed himself off and got up. 'Where are the others? And what time is it?'

Charlie checked a non-existent watch on his wrist. 'It's 9.30 and I don't know myself. They were gone when I woke up as well. Party tonight, huh.'

Sam nodded. 'Are you going?'

'Looks like it. Watching Tyler balance two different personas will be a treat. I'll see if I can steal some of Tyler's clothes for the party. Nothing Polly gave me will be suitable for casual outings.'

'You can use some of my clothes if you want. There's a bunch of stuff I haven't worn yet, though they're on the girly side of the fashion spectrum.'

'Thanks, but no thanks. The world needs more hot goth chicks, not preppy schoolgirls.'

'Implying that you're hot?' Sam smirked.

Charlie grinned. 'Indubitably.' The two boys got dressed and headed out the door. Sam was wearing a white t-shirt with a red heart logo, tight jeans, and his favorite high tops. Charlie had indeed raided Tyler's wardrobe and was wearing his black long-sleeve with the pink peace sign, a red plaid skirt, ripped tights, and chunky black boots.

They had used minimal makeup. Sam settled with mascara, eyeshadow, and blush, with only a hint of color on his lips. Charlie had done the same surprisingly, though went darker with his eyeshadow and included eyeliner.

None of the boys touched their hair. Sam hadn't noticed he wasn't wearing his wig and for the first time was dressing as a girl with his normal short hair. Charlie decided not to inform him of this so when they strolled into the cafeteria for breakfast, Rose's squeals caught Sam off guard.

'How cute are you!' she squeaked, wrapping Sam in an affectionate hug. 'I'm loving the hair.'

'I forgot to put on the wig-'

'Doesn't matter,' she said, running her hands through it, adjusting it slightly. 'It looks super cute.' If anything, it was Rose who looked super cute today. She was wearing a beautiful red sundress with a pair of red flats. A matching red bow was placed in her flowing brown hair, the same crimson as her nails.

She wasn't wearing any makeup yet, letting her natural beauty and style do the talking. Sam couldn't contain his excitement. Luckily, the tight jeans hid his excitement from notice, but he still felt awkward about it.

'So I go without praise?' Charlie said.

'You look good too, Charlie,' Rose conceded. 'Did you raid Tyler's wardrobe?'

'You've got a detective's eye, Miss Rose. What do you think? Do I rock it harder than the Emo Princess herself?'

'You rock it in your own way, Miss Winslow,' Rose said slyly.

'Where are the others?' Sam asked. 'Ty, Spence, and Zach weren't in the dorm when we got up.'

Rose looked just as surprised. 'I know where Zach is, but Spence and Ty I've got no idea. I wonder if they're together or not. They make such a cute couple.'