30 - Getting Ready: Part Two - Makeovers

Sam stood nervously outside of Harmony Salon. His new dress had been bought. A delightful 50s style red dress that he found himself secretly adoring. Shortly after, the group had gone down to the ground floor to buy some shoes. Sam tried on many types of shoes, most of them a variation of high heels. Boots, wedges, peep toe, all of them heels, and all of them very high. Rose got him to settle on a pair of peep toe red heels with an ankle strap accented with a nice bow.

They were cute if a bit uncomfortable. Charlie got himself some shoes as well, though they were nothing but black high-top sneakers, easy to walk in with a girly casual look. Sam was jealous. They didn't see Tyler or Bella for the rest of the day, but they did meet up with Alicia and Stephanie in the food court. Alicia said nothing the entire time, and Stephanie gossiped non-stop.

With their day almost done, Rose and Spencer led the group to the salon where they would get hair, makeup and nails done. This was the part Sam dreaded the most. Charlie didn't seem to mind, though he seemed partial to any conceivable activity anyway. All of them were still dressed casually, not opting to wear their new outfits until the hour of the party came. It was close now, only two hours away. They had spent the entire day in the mall, all of it dressed as girls.

Sam was getting used to the act now, though he was still too nervous to even think of speaking to a stranger. Like Spencer, Sam's voice was naturally high and squeaky, so he didn't have to adjust much to disguise himself as a girl.

'I've been here a few times now,' Rose said as they walked into Harmony Salon. They were immediately greeted by a trendy looking girl. Short black hair tinted with an assortment of colors. A black and white striped crop-top with ripped black jeans and red high heeled boots. Charlie looked like he was in love.

'Nice to see you, Rose,' the young woman said. 'Party tonight?'

'You guessed it,' Rose replied. 'How much for the four of us ladies to get our hair, nails and makeup done?'

The two of them talked business for a while, leaving Sam to look over at the salon. It was a high-end place, lots of sleek white coloring, two whole rows of chairs, plenty of makeup artists and hairdressers, this place had it all. Rose's family was quite rich, so it was no wonder she could afford it for everyone.

Eventually the four of them were seated. The trendy woman, who Sam learned was named Kayla, went to work on Rose while three other girls did the boys. Sam got a nice-looking blonde woman named Sophie who turned out to be a Swedish exchange student who had recently graduated from a beauty school. He was in good hands.

Despite his own argument's, Rose had coaxed him into removing his wig and letting the hairdresser style it themselves. Sophie had started at his hair first. It had grown a bit since he arrived in Vancouver, enough for Sophie to be able to turn it into a cute pixie cut. With a red headband placed in, even Sam knew it would look good.

Next she moved onto his nails. Sam was still iffy on nail polish so he opted for false nails, finally getting a glimpse into what Tyler loved so much. Sophie attached a blank white nail to each finger then painted over it in a sheer red coat. Then, with the use of a stencil, she added an array of black dots which made his nails look like the backs of an army of ladybugs. It was a cute design, Sam thought. They matched his now bright red toenails which would be open for everyone to see with his peep toe heels.

He marveled at his new ladybug styled nails while Sophie did his makeup. It was the usual reddish-pinkish shades throughout, marked by glossy crimson lips, though she added more eyeshadow than Sam was used to.

Sam looked over at the others. Rose's makeup was nearly identical in design, her brown hair now flowing in curls. Spencer's makeup was heavily shaded in pink, his bright glossy lips no exception. Charlie was bathed in darkness, his lips a heavy red, eyeshadow black as the boundless night sky. His hair too was wavier, like Rose's. it shone like never before, sleek, and beautiful. Sam was used to seeing Charlie's hair either up in a ponytail or it was incredibly unkempt. Now that it had been in the hands of a professional, its true potential was realized.

After thanking Sophie, the four of them left, meeting up with Stephanie who drove them back to the school. 'It's exciting, isn't it?' Spencer grinned. 'How many boys do you think have every gotten an experience like this before?'

'It's embarrassing,' Sam said. 'My face feels heavy, and these nails make it hard to hold anything.' Case in point, Sam had bought a Coke from the food court which he brought to the salon. After they were finished, he tried to pick it up but nearly split it all over Stephanie's car.

'That's why when we get to the party, we'll have our wannabe boyfriends hold our drinks for us!'

Sam and Charlie rolled their eyes. Spencer said it like it was a joke, but they knew he was gay, and knew that he would probably lead a few boys on at the party. The party was only an hour away when they arrived back at Priscilla Girl's Academy. Sam, Spencer, and Charlie made their way back to their dorm to get ready. They found Tyler and Zach inside.

Tyler was already ready. He wore a simple black dress, no tights, his legs were shaved completely as they always were now, stylish black pumps, and a wig that looked near identical to his natural hair. Sam guessed since he would swapping around a lot, getting his natural hair done would ruin it when he went out in his male form. He had his black nails on, of course. His makeup was minimal but noticeable. His lips were a glossy nude while his eyes did most of the talking, black eyeliner with a hint of ashen coloring around his eyes. It was nothing he couldn't replicate and apply quickly, so his plan might not fall apart after all.

'Ta-dah!' Spencer squealed, introducing himself, Sam, and Charlie. Zach scoffed at the three, he was in his male casual clothes while Tyler beamed.

'You three look amazing!' It sounded genuine, but Sam got a sense that there was an underlying sadness beneath. Something definitely had happened between Tyler and Alicia, but he couldn't be sure what it was. 'Taylor might have some competition tonight.'

'With a look as minimal as that, I'd be surprised if anyone thought you were a girl,' Zach said. Sam disagreed. Even with a small amount of makeup, the clothes alone fit Tyler so well, he could have sworn he was actually female. The past months had changed the boys drastically. Sam felt more delicate, more feminine, more...beautiful.

'I'll be joining you in Bella's car,' Charlie announced as he began slipping into the dress he bought. 'I'm guessing she told you about her boyfriend?'

'Yeah, Lucas. We're picking him up soon, so hurry up. It'll be so great seeing Lucas reunite with Rose. He's spent the last few years in the air force, and he hasn't seen her in the flesh for two whole years.'

Sam wondered if he and Lucas would get along or if they would even have the chance to meet at all. Would Lucas know he was a boy? Would he care? Sam decided it would be best to avoid him at the party. After Tyler and Charlie left, Zach sneaking out shortly after, Spencer zipped the dress up for Sam and placed the red headband in his hair.

One look in the mirror told Sam all he needed to know. Lucas would have no idea he was a boy, no one would. How could they possibly guess a cute, teenage girl wearing a fun, stylish red dress and heels would be a boy?

'Tonight, we become women, Samantha,' Summer said. Sam had nothing wrong with Summer's words. 'Come on. Rose will be ecstatic when she sees you.' Samantha followed her friend, heels clacking confidently on the ground, her head held high, lips etched into a bright smile. This was something Sam's brothers didn't have. A night as a girl, a night that would change everything. For the first time, Sam felt like he belonged in these clothes. That he belonged in this moment. He would own this night.

But yet...the night would come to own him. For it wasn't just the feeling and freedom and happiness that washed over Sam. So too, came the temptations.