Ten

Eleanor's P.O.V

The night ended with Theo and I out for ice cream. He offered me that he'll pay but I just wasn't in the mood for anything. I couldn't believe what I heard back there. Maybe I overreacted because Stiles was so excited for our date that day but the way it was like Malia was "flaunting" it did not sit right with me.

I couldn't look at Stiles for another minute I had to go away. I turned off my phone because I know he would try and get a hold of me but I just couldn't bear it. Theo has been keeping me company even when I was crying. I tried to hold it in but I couldn't.

Theo clears his throat, "you know I don't wanna say you were overreacting but maybe he really was telling the truth. And perhaps Malia just generally was trying to give it back."

I scoffed, "yeah give it back she clearly was trying to make me mad."

"Maybe you should show that it didn't work because to be honest if she did want you to get mad point for Malia." Theo stated shrugging his shoulders.

I turned my head to him squeezing my brows together, "so your saying I should act like it didn't mean anything? I don't think I can do that."

He sighed, "Nora you're too weak you can't let her get to you. You have to act like it doesn't bother you otherwise any inconvenience between Malia and Stiles it'll just leave you in the dust once again."

I look away. He has a point. I'm glad he also thinks she's out to get me. Or maybe he is just thinking clearly for me.

"I guess your right. Can you take me home?" I asked standing up wiping my eyes.

"Of course," Theo spoke as he stood up then wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked to his car.

————

We're in lacrosse practice outside and Malia is with half the girls in our squad laughing and stretching. Leena and I stand up as we take a sip of our water. I put my bottle down the push my hair behind my ears.

"You know Nora I don't think Malia was trying to be a brat. I have social studies with her she's very nice." My best friend Leena stated as she looked to Malia then me.

I crossed my arms sighing, "well, I guess your right maybe I overreacted."

She smiled, "perhaps you did. Maybe you should go over there and clear the air hmm?" Leena questioned patting me on the back as she stood aside me to walk me and her to Malia.

I inhaled then exhaled as we walked over to her. Malia was on the ground laughing and with one leg out the other crossed as she stretched. When we reached her she looked up bringing her hands to her forehead to block out the sun.

Leena nudges me, "hey Malia I wanted to apologize for yesterday if I made you uncomfortable I was just shocked that's all."

Malia squeezed her brows together then put two and two together as her face relaxed. She started to stand up as so did the other girls.

"So your okay then? Just like that?" Malia questioned which made me a bit shaky as I didn't know where she was going with this but I remembered what Theo said so I relaxed.

I cleared my throat, "yeah I am I overreacted-"

"She tends to overreact sometimes." Leena buds in putting her hands on my shoulders.

Malia grins which seems so fake, "Leena you are such a good friend. Look at you two." She breathes in then out. "Nora it's totally fine you don't have to worry. I'm glad your feeling better though." Malia walked up to me then brought me into a hug.

I was so alarmed I didn't hug back as my eyes wandered. She pulled back then grinned ear to ear.

"Okay girls stop clowning around let's start practicing for the game next Friday." Our coach called out.

All the girls turned to get their gear off the stands then when I turned to Malia she was smirking not in a friendly way. I swallowed hard as she was out of my eye-line. She's definitely up to something.

———-

I ding dong at Stiles place and a few moments later he opens the door with a surprises look splattered on his face. His arm leans against the wall frame as the other holds the door open.

"Hey," he spat out with a small smile that he's having trouble hiding.

I pushed hair behind my ear, "hey, can I come in?"

He pondered then moved out the way. "Of course."

Stiles closed the door then shoved his hands in his pockets.

It looks like he's gonna start speaking but I beat him to it. "Look I overreacted so bad yesterday I didn't even let you explain I'm so sorry Stiles. I know you we're excited for our date that day so it made you forget to tell me that so it's completely fine really." I tell him with a smile as I'm on his couch and he's sitting across from me.

He shifts in his position studying my face as he licks his lips. "You sure your okay?"

I stand up laughing, "yes Stiles I'm totally fine really. Why would I want us to fight again?"

"We wouldn't fight we would just try to figure it out." He spoke crossing his arms.

I look away grinning scratching my head. "I'm telling you I'm fine. I'm just glad you have your jacket back."

Stiles cleared his throat as he was stepping toward me. He reached for my hands holding them in his.

"You sure your okay Nori?" He questioned his voice soft and tender.

I closed my eyes as he lifted one hand to caress my cheek. I nodded unable to speak. When I opened my eyes they met his.

"Yes I'm okay."

Together we smiled as he pulled me into a kiss. We pulled away from the kiss as he pulled me into a hug. Stiles pecked me on my head as I buried my face in his chest. Theo was right this was so much better than overreacting. I'm so happy I met him.

A/N: Remember to vote and comment! I'm actually very happy with how this chapter turned out! I hope you love it as well! Way more to come :) ;)