Twenty-five

Eleanor's P.O.V

I wake up this morning feeling a bit numb. As if a hole has been punched through my chest. That was real- all of that. Stiles breaking up with me at the dance. It all felt so sudden and I know it's all my fault. Theo definitely made me have second thoughts about my relationship with Stiles but in the end now that we're over I realized I never really liked Theo the way I thought I did. He was just a good friend and I made it out to be more than that but I realized it wasn't. I'm sure Theo likes me but I don't. The one I want is Stiles but I don't think I will be getting him back.

Malia is another one who made me question our relationship. She obviously had an eye for Stiles which made me very insecure. I just wish none of this had happened. Now I made Stiles never being able to trust me again. I don't know what I will do when I see him again at school. It's going to hurt like hell.

———-

I walk into the school building holding my books against my chest. I feel nothing and I can't imagine ever not feeling Stiles touch again. His lips against mine, his warm tight hugs. My heart aches at every step I take.

I look up as I hear my name being called out to see Leena, "Nora! Hey-" she stops in front of me putting both her hands on my shoulders. She licks her lips and looks at me her brows furrowed, "I heard what happened. I'm sorry Nora."

I shrug, "it happened what can I do." I look away then bite my lip trying to fight the tears. I clear my throat shaking my hair out of my face. "How- have you seen him?"

She shook her head, "all I know is that from when Scott told me he's not doing so well. He didn't even show up to school today well not yet I think."

That makes my stomach turn the thought of Stiles at home either crying or blowing off some steam.

The bell rings both of us look at each other and Leena forces a smile then brings me into a quick hug. "I have to go to class but if you need me just shoot me a text and I'll be there okay?"

I nod my head, "yeah okay thank you."

I turn on my heel down the hall and the halls begin to get empty. As I walk down the hall my head down my hair in my face I can feel myself wanting to cry. When I hear the doors to outside open I look up to see him. I stop taking the hair out of my face putting it behind my ear looking at Stiles whose eyes are puffy and nose red. His hair flat rather than up and combed as it usually is. He's wearing sweats and a dark blue t-shirt. As we locked eyes neither of us could say anything. He quickly quickened his pace the opposite way down the hall and I can no longer see him. My heart couldn't bear this anymore and I hoped first period would take my mind off of it.

They say your first love changes you forever and no matter how hard you try that feeling just never goes away.

"Mrs. Pace, can you please come up here and read this paragraph for the class?" I look up hearing what Mr. Patrick has said and I slowly get up from my seat wiping my nose.

I breath out as I get in front of everyone. The paragraph has too many words and I really don't wanna do this right now. I fight through it and begin to read it aloud but as I read it I realize it's about two people in love Romeo and Juliet I didn't know we was even reading this or going to start reading it.

I clear my throat as I feel a ball beginning to form. I look up and everyone is looking at me with a concerned look. It makes me feel anxious and I can't take this right now.

"I'm sorry Mr. Patrick but I have to go to the restroom." I spoke aloud rushing to my desk to grab my books and leave the classroom. I begin to cry as I bust open the girls bathroom and stand in front of the mirror crying.

"This is all my fault. All my fault." I cry covering my face with tears everywhere.

I hear the door open and I turn my back to the door and wipe my face with a tissue and sniffle.

"Nora?" I hear a voice I don't quite recognize. I turn to see Malia.

"I heard about you and Stiles." I nodded my head. She sighs, "I'm sorry to hear it."

I don't say nothing. I know she's probably thrilled we broke up.

Malia puts her hair behind her ear her mouth hung opened as if she's bought to say something, "you know I did have a thing for Stiles I feel like I'm the reason this how thing between you two even started and- I was so sure he had a thing for me too but I was so wrong." She breathes out with a forced laugh. "Stiles never liked me ever he was always crazy about you. The night of the dance I gave him some company and I tried to bring myself on him and he pushed me off and took me home. He never liked me so."

I look at her, "I always thought something was going on between you two." I sniffle flashing her a small grin.

"Me too but there wasn't I guess it was all just Theo and you. He's told me a few times he's suspicious of that guy. Do you even like Theo?" She questioned.

I shake my head, "I thought I did but after Stiles broke up with me I- I realized I didn't he was just-"

"Someone to lean to? A new face?" Malia cuts me off

"Yeah it just felt nice having someone new who got you and understood you." I said quietly fiddling with my fingers.

Malia steps closer to me and puts one hand on my shoulder, "well normally I would just try and steal someone's boyfriend but in this case it seems wrong because Stiles doesn't like me so why should I keep trying. He is still in love with you and I think you are too."

Malia then walks away out the bathroom. Everything she said felt like some weight had lifted off my shoulders. There wasn't nothing ever going on between the two of them it was all in my head which led me to do the same with Theo. Because I thought something was going on between them it made me feel closer to Theo and further away from Stiles. I wish I could take it all back. I hope I can make things right before it's too late.

A/N: it feels great to be back! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Remember to vote and comment! :)