Chapter 11

We soon arrive too the ice cream parlor and I unbuckle Blake while I see Xavier get out of his car and walk over towards us.

I put Blake in my arms and walk beside Xavier to the ice cream parlor that's near another park.

We get to the ordering window of the parlor and I see Blake with his cute little thinking face on while Xavier is showing no emotion one so ever.

"Alright kiddo what do you want? They have strawberry, cookies and cream, cherry, orange mango, chocolate, vanilla and all of those." I say pointing to the variety of flavors.

"Hmm this one!" He says with joy in his voice while pointing to the strawberries and cream one.

"alright Xavier do you want anything?" I say looking at him.

"I don't like ice cream." He says causing me to dramatically gasp.

"How could you not like ice cream!" I say with surprise in my voice.

"I haven't had it since I was a kid." He replies his gaze never leaving mine.

"Well that's gonna change right now." I say

"Ok we're gonna get a one strawberries and cream and two cookies and cream." I tell the worker behind the window.

I go to pay before I see Xavier hand the worker his card instead.

"Xavier I was gonna pay." I say as he waits for his card back.

I hear him chuckle lightly before turning back to me.

"Tesoro you'll never pay all long as I'm here." He says in a all serious tone which makes me look down to hide my flushed cheeks.

"Here you go guys!" I hear the worker say after 5 minutes of waiting and talking we got our ice creams and sat down at a near shaded table since it was over 80 degrees.

"Blake do you like your ice cream?" I ask Blake who's drowning down his icecream like he hasn't eaten in days.

"Yep it's delicious!" He says before going back to his ice cream which causes me to chuckle before turning to Xavier.

"Do you like yours?" I ask while eating my ice cream as well.

"It's not bad." He replies with a hint of emotion in his eyes I just can't seem to figure out what one.

"See I told you it was good."I say proudly while grinning.

"Well tesoro seems you were correct." He says licking the ice cream off of his lips.

"Aunt heather I finished." I nod and look at Blake's empty popsicle stick and take it and put it in the trash can.

I look to see Xavier on the phone with a angry  expression I'd hate to be the person on the other line.

"Sorry to cut this short but something at work came up." He says I can see him clenching his jaw which tells me I should probably just leave him be.

"Ok no worries Blake's probably tired anyways." I say looking down at sleepy Blake.

He gives me a nod before leaving to his car which is my cue to pick up Blake and take him back to my apartment for his nap.